• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Paige Pierce peaked?

That was a very emotional and honest interview that she gave after her win yesterday. I don't think there is anyone out there who plays more than Paige does, but I think she was saying that there is a difference between play and practice. There is plenty of competitors coming on who has the distance and talent to compete with her. The question is whether they have the heart to best her. She is such a class act and has done so much for the fpo division. You might get the idea that I'm a huge fan of Paige, and you would be right.:thmbup:

That was a very emotional and honest interview that she gave after her win yesterday. I don't think there is anyone out there who plays more than Paige does, but I think she was saying that there is a difference between play and practice. There is plenty of competitors coming on who has the distance and talent to compete with her. The question is whether they have the heart to best her. She is such a class act and has done so much for the fpo division. You might get the idea that I'm a huge fan of Paige, and you would be right.:thmbup:

I'm a big fan of Paige too. I had the pleasure of playing a round with her the month before she signed with Discraft (her first major sponsor). At the time she was just a teenage girl that could throw twice as far as I could. She and her friend Fred taught me a lot about form in that one round. Although it didn't help right away, I used that days lesson as the foundation to quickly improve. She's a wonderful person.

If Paige has a goal to be 1000 Rated is it better for her to play less tournaments?
If she only play the events she feels is her best chance of a high rating. . is that better than to play more like she does now?

But i might be wrong, Cat plays more than Paige and Cat has a higher rating despite loosing to Paige quite often in late 2019

I really dont get the rating system :confused:

If Paige has a goal to be 1000 Rated is it better for her to play less tournaments?
If she only play the events she feels is her best chance of a high rating. . is that better than to play more like she does now?

But i might be wrong, Cat plays more than Paige and Cat has a higher rating despite loosing to Paige quite often in late 2019

I really dont get the rating system :confused:

Currently, Cat & Paige's ratings are so close that they are within a fraction of the standard deviation -- aka, negligible.

Her last four rounds. . .1029 . .1018. . 1021 . . 1020 . . well she´s good :)

Today she played smart !! fun to see that

Paige up to 980 in Rating, first woman to reach 980?

Has to be. Neither JK nor Elaine have broken 970. Cat is at her highest ever now at 977. I can't think of anyone else that could has had a chance to hit 980.

Her rating stats are interesting, she broke 970 long ago in Jun-2014 . . but lots of up and down after that.
Then in May-2018 she hit 979 but started to drop after that . . .fun to se her finally get to 980, let´s hope it will not take her another 5y to break 990

Paige is on a roll right now!:thmbup:

Yes, but her "roll" hit a speed bump in Canada. . first loss in a long time and quite bad rating on those rounds.

if her goal is to get to a 1000 she need to be selective about the events she plays

Yes, but her "roll" hit a speed bump in Canada. . first loss in a long time and quite bad rating on those rounds.

if her goal is to get to a 1000 she need to be selective about the events she plays

No, if her goal is to get to 1000, she needs to play more 1000+ rated golf. End of story.

Where she plays is irrelevant to that. If she's truly a 1000 rated player, she should be able to do it on any course in the world.

Besides, she's already pretty selective about where she plays. She plays nearly all the NTs, nearly all the DGPTs, and all the majors. Outside of those, she doesn't play very many at all (four, so far this year, that don't meet this criteria).

No, if her goal is to get to 1000, she needs to play more 1000+ rated golf. End of story.

Where she plays is irrelevant to that. If she's truly a 1000 rated player, she should be able to do it on any course in the world.

Besides, she's already pretty selective about where she plays. She plays nearly all the NTs, nearly all the DGPTs, and all the majors. Outside of those, she doesn't play very many at all (four, so far this year, that don't meet this criteria).

you are probably right, but The Canadian National and King Of The Hill kind of sticks out as really bad for her rating. . she have played many +1000 rounds in 2019, but then a few under 940.
I dont know the rating system that well but some events sticks out as "low rated"

But i agree, she need to play at a higher "low level" . . she have a few to many bad rated rounds to ever get to a 1000

OT. . Paul now have ONE sub 1000 rated round in his ratings details!

Very fun to see Paige play with the best MPO players in the World in the Jomez "Skin$ match2" video . . i think she played better than ever and hold her own against the absolutely best players

a) She needs to make sure the fpo field will not be rated against the mpo field.
b) She needs to make sure all the top field is there and not a pool of lower rated players.
c) She needs to win fairly dominantly.

This ^^^ is it. Period. It won't matter what events, she has to play better. NO knock on her; she's currently the highest rated ever for a female. But to get to 1000, on the gold level courses she plays pretty regularly, she has to average 3 strokes lower that she is currently -- for the majority of 6-9 months. Which is the long way to say exactly what JC said -- she has to play 1000+rated golf. You can't trick the mathematics as much as some people think. Only the "points in=points out" peice of the formula is known to the player in advance of a round.