• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you ever seen an ace...

I saw a tomahawk ace once. It was on a 224ft woodsy hole. The guy threw it way high, it circles this one huge branch (everyone thought it was going to get smacked down) and as it was flipping over to land on the face of the disc, we all saw and heard CHING! Amazing.

Saw another at the Am Worlds this year. Grandmaster division was just finishing up before the advanced players started and as I was walking from my car to see what card I was on, I see this man about 70 years old throw a spike hyzer on a 200ft. He turned around to grab his bag before seeing where the disc landed only to spin back around to the sound of chains.

Both were pretty awesome. I can't wait to get my first ace.

Aces don't exist... it's nothing but a figment of your imagination

I've seen a few unique ones.

I have two thumber aces (same disc and same hole), two forehand skip aces and one tree kick ace.
Best was in an ice bowl with a bad shot thrown wide left, Disc hit the ice at a crazy angle and skipped 30' uphill into the basket(Boone Wood - Old layout #17) - I went from heading OB to Ace.

I've witnessed two wedge aces with the disc wedging in the side of the basket and one ace where the disc wedge clean through and was laying in the basket. Saw back-to-back at league a month ago - First ace was by a 50+ year old followed on the very next throw by a 13 year old. I have seen a disc break in two pieces(not mine) but no ace. It hit a tree in front of the basket and split in equal halves laying on each side.

The sad part...is there is actually a video on youtube that shows an ace exactly the way the first guy described it. Yea....i saw it once while being bored and searching through ace videos...yea...i did...if you dont believe me well...yea...im sorry..im just too lazy to attempt to find that video.

Too bad.

in which the disc hits a tree or something else, breaks in half, and the larger part lands in the basket for an ace?

That'd be sweet.:hfive:

No.....but the day that I witnessed my first ace, I got my first ace 3 holes later :thmbup: it was kinda funny because after we saw it I was all "piggyback ace time!" and then it happened.

i have seen an ace hit the root of a tree and bounce (not skip) up into the basket without touching a single chain for an ace. it was my friend's 1st ace and he didnt even get to hear the chains, suckaaaa!!!

Latest posts