• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

I want to buy one of these while I can get one.. Who knows, the volume may be too small on this to justify the return of the product year after year.

Also, anyone know if there are any upgrades or anything different with this years model? Thanks

When I asked they said no changes from the last run including colors available.

Talked with someone at mystery ranch today. He said they should ship within ten days.:thmbup:

Nice bag, but for 300 bucks, my revo works fine just fine.

I've had mine for 8 months now and love it. Well made, waterproof, can expand or contract based upon specific course and round needs, feels incredible on your back!!! I don't have to own multiple bags for multiple types of courses, it's all inclusive! Most people who hate have never worn the bag for a few rounds to even have a valid review on the product. If you can afford it, buy it. You will not regret it.
Some days I will play up to 3 different courses and will have 3 different approaches to how I want to play the course and what I should carry with me. I'll open the trunk, adapt the bag, and play with as little as 11 discs (bag collapsed) or may even go up towards 20 discs on certain courses (gold level especially). I carry a 1.5 liter Platypus bladder in one of the compartments and when I'm playing a course like West Lake in the Quad City's or Blue Valley in K.C. on a hot summer day I'm sooooo glad I have the Mahal! While my buddies are carrying 2, 3, or even 4 water bottles and having to open/close/open/close etc. I've got my Platypus that provides hands free beverage at all times. Just one of the many perks to a supreme bag like this. Worth the coin, worth the investment. Oh, and it adds like 150' to my drives.

Uh oh. If they are shipping that quick I gotta start prepping my wife!!! She has no clue. Time to clean up the Revo, and get it on a sale thread or I may be toast.

In the backpacking community, Mystery Ranch is top notch.
Though I'd never personally use this bag for disc golf, I've often drooled over their gear in general.
Super high quality, and nice to see such a high end maker taking an interest in DG.
What I'd be most interested to see is if other high end pack makers pick up on this.
I personally have an Osprey backpack, and would be interested to see their take on a DG bag, for instance.

In the backpacking community, Mystery Ranch is top notch.
Though I'd never personally use this bag for disc golf, I've often drooled over their gear in general.
Super high quality, and nice to see such a high end maker taking an interest in DG.
What I'd be most interested to see is if other high end pack makers pick up on this.
I personally have an Osprey backpack, and would be interested to see their take on a DG bag, for instance.

That would be cool. My friend has an osprey backpack and it is very nice.

I too ordered the Mahal after extensive research. I didn't like the idea of spending 80 bucks plus on a bag.
However, I figured I would if I wanted a bag that would keep up and not start to fray, tear after a season. I finally found the best price on a well-known, reputable bag for 65 bucks. Almost pulled the trigger, then somehow I was led to the Golf Mahal (by the grace of divine intervention, no doubt). The price had me cover my eyes, after much resistance I ever-so slightly gaped my fingers, peaked through and admired her body. After much time I finally pushed up my lower jaw from the floor and actually read about it, inspecting the pics and learning about Mystery Ranch- It then became a no-brainer.

Here are my personal reasons for droppin' serious clams on a disc golf bag:

-Lifetime Guarantee
-Mystery Ranch (great company- excellence in craftsmanship; Made in the States and takes care of
their employees)
-Hand Made
-Set up for a hydration system.
-Storage-I live in a region of four seasons with the occasional volatile storm thus the Mahal's capability
of storing weather-related gear (i.e.- rain gear, down vests/sweaters, wind breakers,
emergency tube tent, snake bite kit, ham radio, zombie/crackhead deterrents)

-Great for those long and/or treacherous terrain courses (hello Diamond X)
-Dual bottle reserves that are in easy reach while walking.
-With the larger side compartments I can drop in small dry bags, add ice and beer- voila.
-Collapsible side compartments for a more slender pack.
-Conversation piece
-Will never suffer any symptoms of DGBE-Disc Golf Bag Envy
-Multi-uses-
-I am a photographer- I can drop in temporary, removable cushions.
-With the dynamics of the main compartment, coupled with the smaller ones- this unit will make
an excellent picnic pack (drop in a small cooler).
-Perfect as a shopping pack- especially when traveling.
-Day pack for hiking

I too ordered the Mahal after extensive research. I didn't like the idea of spending 80 bucks plus on a bag.
However, I figured I would if I wanted a bag that would keep up and not start to fray, tear after a season. I finally found the best price on a well-known, reputable bag for 65 bucks. Almost pulled the trigger, then somehow I was led to the Golf Mahal (by the grace of divine intervention, no doubt). The price had me cover my eyes, after much resistance I ever-so slightly gaped my fingers, peaked through and admired her body. After much time I finally pushed up my lower jaw from the floor and actually read about it, inspecting the pics and learning about Mystery Ranch- It then became a no-brainer.

Here are my personal reasons for droppin' serious clams on a disc golf bag:

-Lifetime Guarantee
-Mystery Ranch (great company- excellence in craftsmanship; Made in the States and takes care of
their employees)
-Hand Made
-Set up for a hydration system.
-Storage-I live in a region of four seasons with the occasional volatile storm thus the Mahal's capability
of storing weather-related gear (i.e.- rain gear, down vests/sweaters, wind breakers,
emergency tube tent, snake bite kit, ham radio, zombie/crackhead deterrents)

-Great for those long and/or treacherous terrain courses (hello Diamond X)
-Dual bottle reserves that are in easy reach while walking.
-With the larger side compartments I can drop in small dry bags, add ice and beer- voila.
-Collapsible side compartments for a more slender pack.
-Conversation piece
-Will never suffer any symptoms of DGBE-Disc Golf Bag Envy
-Multi-uses-
-I am a photographer- I can drop in temporary, removable cushions.
-With the dynamics of the main compartment, coupled with the smaller ones- this unit will make
an excellent picnic pack (drop in a small cooler).
-Perfect as a shopping pack- especially when traveling.
-Day pack for hiking

Nice first post.. Welcome!

I'm going to order one today, I think.. I'm too much of a gear freak to not own one of these. I played a round last year about this time with Christian and Seth at Diamond-X and they were both sporting the Mystery Ranch bag. It is so sweet. Made in Bozeman, fkna right! Wonder if I could use it for snowboard backcountry touring? :D

I ordered mine yesterday, they say there is a two week backup in supply. They said they would bill and ship it to me I guess in two weeks, I cannot wait.

Phoned it in

I just called Mystery Ranch and they told me that they are just coming off the line but have not been inspected. They said orders should be shipping by the end of this week or early next week. :thmbup:

When you get yours I want to see pics! I bought my Revo bag for christmas and is everything I need but the Mahul is something you will have forever. They just don't have yellow. haha

Nice first post.. Welcome!

I'm going to order one today, I think.. I'm too much of a gear freak to not own one of these. I played a round last year about this time with Christian and Seth at Diamond-X and they were both sporting the Mystery Ranch bag. It is so sweet. Made in Bozeman, fkna right! Wonder if I could use it for snowboard backcountry touring? :D

Thanks esdubya!

"fkna" indeed!
and I hear ya on that gear "freak deal" I'm in the same boat. I cannot wait to post pictures of mine.
I suspect you could use it for your boarding and a helluva lot more.
Hell- I'm even going to use it for my curling bag. I can just stick my broom in the umbrella rig.