• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

Of course since my gf ordered mine for me she told me she wouldn't let me know when she got the tracking number. So now I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting.

From what I have seen from the people that have them they are worth the money. If you play a lot of tournies or travel to play DG they give you the room to carry everything you need and don't put a lot of stress on your back.

When did you order yours? I almost had an instant chub reading your post!!
:thmbup:

I ordered it in February. I was told they were shipping monday.
I just got lucky and called the right dude at the right time. there was ONE that was ready. I paid for two day air- so monday is xmas

This is going to be the longest weekend ever.

I absolutely love my Mahal. It is the best bag I have ever owner period. Not best golf bag, best bag ever. I have 2 Deuter backpacks and the Mahal is more comfy than them.

I play some big courses and love the storage. The yoke is second to none. There is a reason US Spec Ops use these Mystery Ranch bags.

Expensive, until you realize you won't have to buy another bag ever.

I just called and they are still inspecting the bags now and won't be shipping till end of this month, so you got really lucky.

I too got OD Green- I thought that color would age very well.
Dust, dirt and grass stains would lend nice overtones to that color palate.

That's what I was thinking. I'm never gonna need another bag so which one will show age the least?

I went with the camoflague since it hides dirt and crud best. I have the digital camo from GB and you really have to look to see any dirt at all.

I exchanged some emails with another golfer who has been using one of these bags for a year. Overall he is very happy with the bag and says it is worth the investment. He did say that the umbrella stand isn't perfect. Sounds like you need a light umbrella with a skinny handle for it to work right. Also the quick-disconnect umbrella straps for stowing it sometimes came loose.

He also mentioned that in practice to get the shoulder straps to sit right on your back you would have to put on the bag with the straps loose then tighten them up, so in other words it's difficult to get the bag on with the straps as tight as they should be. So he keeps them loose unless there is a long walk then he'll tighten them up. So just some feedback there for whoever is considering one of these sweet sweet disc golf bags.

Oh, and I have a black-medium on order. Waiting for a tracking #...

I really wanted the "black" bag to be just that, black. I was bummed when I found out it was black/gray...

Still no tracking number.
darth_vader_nooo1.jpg

He did say that the umbrella stand isn't perfect. Sounds like you need a light umbrella with a skinny handle for it to work right. Also the quick-disconnect umbrella straps for stowing it sometimes came loose.

He also mentioned that in practice to get the shoulder straps to sit right on your back you would have to put on the bag with the straps loose then tighten them up, so in other words it's difficult to get the bag on with the straps as tight as they should be. So he keeps them loose unless there is a long walk then he'll tighten them up. So just some feedback there for whoever is considering one of these sweet sweet disc golf bags.

Oh, and I have a black-medium on order. Waiting for a tracking #...

I would agree with these assessments, spot on. Once you get your umbrella down in the umbrella holder it works fine. Just take your time to find the right umbrella with a long long handle (I use a jumbo stick golf umbrella). Shove the end of the rod all the way down into the hole and BOOM, you're golden.

As far as the quick-connects: When I first started using this feature I noticed that the straps loosened pretty quick and I would have to tighten them constantly. Then I realized that once you click and tighten the umbrella straps just tie a simple loop-knot in the strap (right up close to the buckle) and they won't slip any longer. Simple solution.

Enjoy the Mahal, it will be everything you hoped it would be...promise!:thmbup:

Latest posts