• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

Carried one for a guy this past weekend. Holy Cow, that thing was heavy. 14 discs and two water bottles. Its a little ridiculous.

Yes. Water is very heavy.

The same amount of discs and water in another pack would be just as heavy. Right now I have 20 discs in my bag which is the max I carry at any time. I also carry a 1.5 liter hydrapak and a disc gator and it is a heavy carry but with the bag fitted properly is feels not so heavy

I carry two as well.

The same amount of discs and water in another pack would be just as heavy. Right now I have 20 discs in my bag which is the max I carry at any time. I also carry a 1.5 liter hydrapak and a disc gator and it is a heavy carry but with the bag fitted properly is feels not so heavy

I carry a Grip which I understand is alot smaller but I also carry more Discs. I think it (The Mahal) fit pretty well. Just don't think the juice is worth the squeeze. Each to his/her own. Just not for me... Kinda wanted one too, just to heavy for what it is and what Im going to use it for..

I carry two as well.

I carry a Grip which I understand is alot smaller but I also carry more Discs. I think it (The Mahal) fit pretty well. Just don't think the juice is worth the squeeze. Each to his/her own. Just not for me... Kinda wanted one too, just to heavy for what it is and what Im going to use it for..

i don't have a grip but i did compare my mahal to my dual pack and the mahal only weight a pound more.

I would say the Grip feels lighter UNLESS you use the chest and waist strap, which is what the mahal was designed around.

With just the shoulder straps, I'd use a grip. With the chest strap, I'd use a mahal any day.

Said backpackers everywhere.. a kilo/liter. Not much you can do about that.

I will say though, that the mahal carries so very nicely once adjusted. This should come as no surprise though, since it utilizes a frame pack yoke. This is exactly why I went with a mahal, that and (to be honest) I trust Mystery Ranch to be around a while, and honor their warranty without issue.

I don't notice a difference with the sternum strap, not enough to warrant using it all round. I always use a sternum strap backpacking, but I don't take the pack off and put it back on multiple times an hour. Same is true with the hip belt.

All in all, unless I expand the side pockets.. the mahal is smaller than most backpacks in actual cc measurement. I'm really happy with it, it's much MUCH heavier than my backpacking packs.. but I don't think I'd want to deal with an ultralight golf pack either (for the same reasons I skip the sternum strap and hip belt)

I'm sure this has been talked about at some point in this thread, but i don't feel like reading through the 139 pages. Has anybody used this for a backpacking/disc golf trip? I've got a couple packs, but none I would use for disc golf.

I'm sure this has been talked about at some point in this thread, but i don't feel like reading through the 139 pages. Has anybody used this for a backpacking/disc golf trip? I've got a couple packs, but none I would use for disc golf.

The mahal is the best backpack I own. It doubles as a day pack, overnight backpacking trips for the lite packer, carry on luggage for flying, and perfect for those long DG/road trips. Hope that helps!?

That was actually just what I was going for. And I think you just sold me on this bag. If only it came in green though...

That was actually just what I was going for. And I think you just sold me on this bag. If only it came in green though...
It does come in green, foliage green. They're doing a production run of foliage green to by delivered mid-November.

I'm on the list to receive one of them! :)

How do you clean ur bag. I have had mine for a while now and it could use a good wash.
Their military pack warranty page has info about how they expect the pack to arrive for repairs: http://www.mysteryranch.com/about-military-packs/military-packs-warranty

In short, use pressurized water without soap. Don't dry in direct sunlight.

I've done a fair bit of hiking in my life. I've always used white vinegar diluted in water 1:10 ratio and let the pack soak for a day or so to loosen the grime. Washed off with a garden hose and hung up to dry. The vinegar is there to help with the stank odors that a pack worn for a month straight will always accumulate. Now, my overnight packs are really funky and have lots of interesting stories behind them... so I really doubt a DG pack would be nearly that bad.

All I see is Black and Midnight. Where is this green? How can one get put on said list?

All Mahals are out of stock. The info I was given was they're doing a run of foliage green due mid-November. The midnight and black run will be available mid-December.

I tried to order the midnight last week. I got an email back with delivery info I listed above, which is why I switched to the foliage green (which was my first choice anyway).

Pictures from yesterday. 2 awesome beers and that g*PD was the disc I used to ACE hole 7 at Stafford woods earlier in the round.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 121
Sizing

If the pack was not sized with you and someone else to help chances are it was not adjusted properly and with the yolk system that's a must it's not like a grip where you throw it on your back and tighten the straps.

The mahal is designed to carry more discs and weight if it's dialed in right you won't feel it in your back even with 2 32 oz waters

Latest posts