• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

Just got mine in the mail yesterday and while i was trying to get the yoke set up i was having a difficult time pushing the yoke down and the bag up as far as it needed to go. I can see the velcro has about another 3/4 of an inch left to go down but for some reason it wont budge. Any one experienced this problem or have a trick they have picked up in doing this. Even being out of adjustment is is super comfy and feels much sturdier than my revo bag by a long shot.

maybe it does, but carrying that many is pretty dumb for 99.9% of DGers. feldberg has that many, but is one of the best in the world and also has a caddy to carry them. tell us, how many tourneys have you won with this monster setup?

33 discs is a lot but i could see if you were tooling around to different tourneys how it would be helpful. 4-5 practice putters, 5-10 backups, and 5 -10 at different stages of wear.

Now dont get me wrong i wouldn't want to walk a tourney with 33 but i can see carrying 20 on unknown courses or in crazy conditions or with the chance of losing discs.

Often when i go to a tourney on a course ive never played i have my revoultion dual pack stuffed full (15-17 maybe) and then a stack of 5 or 10 discs in the car that I might swap at the break.

Just got mine in the mail yesterday and while i was trying to get the yoke set up i was having a difficult time pushing the yoke down and the bag up as far as it needed to go. I can see the velcro has about another 3/4 of an inch left to go down but for some reason it wont budge. Any one experienced this problem or have a trick they have picked up in doing this. Even being out of adjustment is is super comfy and feels much sturdier than my revo bag by a long shot.

remove the sheet of plastic from the yoke. Slide the plastic support between the male velcro and the female velcro that will let the shoulder straps slide up and down easy like, adjust and then replace the plastic into the yoke. happy discing

maybe it does, but carrying that many is pretty dumb for 99.9% of DGers. feldberg has that many, but is one of the best in the world and also has a caddy to carry them. tell us, how many tourneys have you won with this monster setup?

Really? This is a ridiculous comment. Why judge how many discs someone else carries. When I'm playing specific courses around my area, I carry a backup of EVERY disc that is normally in my bag. There is water on virtually every hole that makes losing discs a MAJOR chance. From your driver, mid to putter. Have you ever lost your putter in a lake and had to finish the round putting with a completely different putter? Have you ever lost your firebird and the stood there on a hole that the only good shot is a firebird skip?

Some people (myself included) like to be able to carry a backup of each disc so the chances of me standing on a tee pad going "Damn, I wish i hadn't lost my teebird back there, I don't want to have to 'make do' with the discs left in my bag"

Or maybe you don't get a chance to play a course before a tourney. Going in blind, how do you choose what discs to take?

I don't need to carry that many discs, but I pack my bag as full as i possibly can with discs (only about 22 at the moment, small bag until I get the Mahal) I wish I could carry a few more multiples to cover my backup wants.

I was playing with a guy recently who threw his main driver in the water on hole 1. It ruined his round, because about every 3-4 holes he'd go "Dangit, i always throw that disc on this hole" He had no direct backup. He had similar discs, but none that were virtually the same so he could play with no big changes. I don't have that issue (aside from a couple since i can't fit them all in my bag currently) If i lose a disc, i have a nearly identical backup in my bag ready to go. If i lose the backup, well then i'm sucking and deserve to play bad the rest of the round.

I just got my Mahal in last week. Sweet Bag! Mystery Ranch hooked me up, instead of having to wait for April they hooked me up with a Camo Factory Second for the price of a regular. Same warranty the fabric is just not as bright as some of the other. 36 holes on Saturday and felt way better after than I ever had with my Lat64 Pro Bag.

I cashed in on the same seconds deal.

I wanted the voodoo spinal tap that will be impossible to get a hold of. .... I guess I just accepted how un waterproof my Voodoo bag is, but judging how my Mojo got so soaked last sunday I decided it was time to go with the mahal. Now I have to beg forgiveness from theWife™ but I cant friggin wait for this thing to arrive..

Just got an e-mail from Mystery Ranch. Said won't be in stock until late April. I asked about OD Green and Black. Bummer, I was hoping for a new bag to replace my duct tape held together one for BG Ams.

Word on the street (phone call to MR), they have 1 OD Green that was used for trade shows. I can't imagine it taking a whole lot of abuse and they may offer a little discount if you ask?? Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Really? This is a ridiculous comment. Why judge how many discs someone else carries. When I'm playing specific courses around my area, I carry a backup of EVERY disc that is normally in my bag. There is water on virtually every hole that makes losing discs a MAJOR chance. From your driver, mid to putter. Have you ever lost your putter in a lake and had to finish the round putting with a completely different putter? Have you ever lost your firebird and the stood there on a hole that the only good shot is a firebird skip?

Some people (myself included) like to be able to carry a backup of each disc so the chances of me standing on a tee pad going "Damn, I wish i hadn't lost my teebird back there, I don't want to have to 'make do' with the discs left in my bag"

Or maybe you don't get a chance to play a course before a tourney. Going in blind, how do you choose what discs to take?

I don't need to carry that many discs, but I pack my bag as full as i possibly can with discs (only about 22 at the moment, small bag until I get the Mahal) I wish I could carry a few more multiples to cover my backup wants.

I was playing with a guy recently who threw his main driver in the water on hole 1. It ruined his round, because about every 3-4 holes he'd go "Dangit, i always throw that disc on this hole" He had no direct backup. He had similar discs, but none that were virtually the same so he could play with no big changes. I don't have that issue (aside from a couple since i can't fit them all in my bag currently) If i lose a disc, i have a nearly identical backup in my bag ready to go. If i lose the backup, well then i'm sucking and deserve to play bad the rest of the round.

YEP! I lost my #1 Putter in the 1993 PDGA Worlds on the first hole, hit the basket and rolled into the river. Two holes later my only Viper cracked in half after throwing a huge hyzer shot over a bunch of trees. My bag back then only held about 12 discs comfortably. I went the rest of the round putting with my driving aviar and without my best Viper. Backups are very important in tourney play.

Word on the street (phone call to MR), they have 1 OD Green that was used for trade shows. I can't imagine it taking a whole lot of abuse and they may offer a little discount if you ask?? Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I'm pretty sure I got that one last week. :)

Still love mine! owned one since spring 11' . I bought a camo from a friend the following year and sold my original to a friend and he loves it. Both still look like the day they were bought.

Agreed. I got mine in spring of '11 too. Looks no worse for wear just dirty. No issues whatsoever. Ive been toying with trying something else and I don't know why. Just new bag envy I guess. This bag is really all I need though.

Bought mine spring '11 and it is bomb proof! People always ask why I spent $250 on a bag and I always tell them to ask me the same question in 10 years.

Best bag on the market times 100. Nothing even comes close.

Just bought one yesterday. I got the very last OD Green one they had or may ever have since they are changing colors this year. Can't wait to get it!

Finally had a chance to get out and try my new mahal out for a few all day rounds on thursday and friday.........i think im in love. On a normal all day dg adventure by the time i get home my lower back is tanked and awkwardly tight from toting around my revo with quads all day but not a chance even after two whole days out. Ample storage to carry everything i needed with pockets that just seem to appear out of no where under further bag investigation lol. Super easy to get on and off with just a quick sinch of the straps and could actually put my Beats Pill in the bag without fear of it getting wet. I love that the side pockets can be compressed when your not carrying much with ya to cut the bulk down (which is not much to begin with despite everyone saying it is epic huge) and when it began to warm up and took my coat off i wasnt stuck toting it around for the rest of the round, just decompress the side pocket, shove it in and forget all about it. The umbrella and pocket straps were a bit of a problem when i first got it out but with some quick rigging they were all stowed away neatly to keep from collecting mud and dirt when i sat it down. I really cant say enough about this bag as a whole and how the quality is better than anything i have ever seen. Big thumbs up to you Mystery Ranch!!!

Last edited:
When I spoke to them last week and exchanged several emails the new colors are going to be:
Foliage and Midnight Blue. They are going keep Black.

Last edited:

Latest posts