• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Haven't done this in a while

sengenberger

Par Member
This bag has been completely revamped in the past few months, and I'm just looking for anything that may overlap or isn't really needed.
Average/Max distances:
Driver- 360/380
Fairway- 340/360
Mid- 270/310
Putter- 150/170

Distance Drivers
174 SP Rogue (slightly used)- slightly flippy but not quite to the point of being an anhyzer disc
173 ESP Surge (brand new)- on trial, not sure how it will fly compared to my star wraith, but im hoping that I can push it a little further since my wraith is overstable
175 Star Wraith (used)- overstable driver that i can control pretty well for long drives
175 Echo Star Boss (brand new)- just bought, never thrown, gonna be used for headwind shots or shots that need to fade hard left
168 Sparkle Z Force (used)- my max D driver when I need distance over control, will S curve when thrown high and anhyzered and come back every time
175 C-Line PD (new)- Used for shots that are longer that I would use my Teebird on because it throws about the same for me

Fairway Drivers
150 Champ Teebird (new-ish)- tailwind shots and turnover shots (when thrown right; i have a 70% success rate for this). Also for drives I don't want to put a lot of power behind
161 KC Pro Teebird (used)- hyzer flips, forehand flicks (yes I forehand Teebirds) and small s curve shots
175 Champ Teebird (used)- go-to fairway driver on all shots ~350, good with a little hyzer every time
172 Z Predator (new-ish)- my most reliable disc that i can put out anywhere and know its coming back left

Midranges
171 ESP Zone (new)- even though this is a putter i consider it a midrange since i never "putt" with it. Used for extreme windy conditions or short spike hyzers
180 1st Run Star Mako(new-ish)- anhyzer shots or low power straight shots
180 Star Roc (used)- used for more stable shots, not used as much as my Buzzz
177 Z Buzzz (used)- Laser straight for drives, stable and a solid approach disc; my workhorse midrange when there is not a lot of wood around
175 Cryztal Z Buzzz (new)- my less stable Buzzz used for gradual anhyzers that need to end more right (but is still a little stable so it will come back some)
177 Z Hornet (used)- Ace Race prototype that is getting less stable (it is only a little more stable than my Roc). This one is getting replaced for sure, but should I replace it with a FLX Drone or my new Champ Roc?

Putters
175 Soft Magnet (beat to death)- Anny Skywalker, this putter has no stability left in it and is used for long anhyzer approaches or anhyzer drives off the tee
175 Yeti Aviar (new)- main putter (for now, may go back to my Warlock) and also my replacement for my HPP Wizard for a driving putter since I like the flight on the Yeti better

If you are looking to change out your hornet for a champ roc. Have you tried the Lat Pain?

How does the Pain fly compared to a Hornet? And should I go GL or Opto line plastic? I had my eye on one for a while but nothing has pushed me to buy one yet.

To me, Hornet feels like a very different disc than the Roc. Hornet is quite a bit more overstable out of the box and doesn't beat in the same way. The Hornet seems to pick up more and more HSS and gets a great S-curve as it beats in while the Roc just loses it's LSS and goes laser straight.

I personally prefer the XCaliber to the Boss, but whatever you prefer. ESP Surge and Star Wraith are very similar. I would just pick one and replace the other with a new/used version to minimize molds.

The PD and 175 Teebird seem identical as far as I can tell. If you feel a difference, more power to you, but for me they are basically the same disc.

Now feel free to ignore me as you will :)

The champ Roc is only a temporary solution until I decide whether to buy a Z Hornet or Opto/GL Pain, so some personal opinions on those 2 discs are welcome IMO

As far as the PD/Teebird thing goes, the PD flies like an overstable TB since it is new but it flies much farther for me and won't turn when I power it down the fairway