• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Haven't played in over 2 weeks.Ask me a Question.

I haven't played in 2 weeks also, but that's because I injured myself. Really itching to play.

I haven't played in over 2 weeks, although I got in 4 days and over 100 holes the last time I got a chance to play. Work has been crazy and I don't have a car anymore. I am going car shopping Sat and kinda just want to buy the first one that I see so that I can get to the course the rest of the weekend :D.

Wow, I haven't done more than a few days in a row without throwing since I started playing last year. That includes snow drifts, ice, sub-zero weather, rain, etc. I don't know how you can stand it.

^ 100% this.

In a few short months it will be time to bust out the Christmas ribbon.

:hfive: Wait...

Keep playing whenever possible (it does not necessarily improve your game but keeps a smile on your face). Now that I'm retired and don't have that dirty job word to be concerned with, I play every day (if it wasn't for heat/humidity it would be 2-3 rounds/day). Keep working with good retirement planning but keep throwing. Would you rather have one stellar round every month or so when you're young or a decent round every day for life? Disc golf is a lifetime enjoyment.

I've been averaging around six rounds a month lately, and it's not nearly enough for me.

Sometimes its good to take a step back from the course... that first time back out really feels good its like when you first picked up the game and couldn't stop going to the course'

little DG hiatus is okay even if not intentional, we all get burnt out one way or another and IMO really keeps the "fun" factor up vs always trying to improve and dwell on technique etc'

I think I am taking this advice. played in a tournament this past weekend and I fell apart in the second round. Not trying to make excuses but the heat, my back and my arm all were factors. The bottom line is I played like crap. Taking a few days off.

I understand the work thing too man. It sucks not getting out there like you want.

Dear Ash/Firedstarbird;
You may have missed this, but
Have you found other uses for the power grip?
I think this is a "sexual euphemism".

You're young, and you got your health. What do you want with a job man?
He means, why are you killin' yourself working so hard so young:wall:, when you should be playing life so risky you'll be lucky to still be alive at 40?

Here, I'll take up your slack: In 10 days, I'm done with wildfire season, and I leave for a 24-day kayak trip in the Grand Canyon. THAT'S how you do it, young 'un.:)

Last edited:
sometimes i want to take a break for a week or so.

then i remember that i want to win at leagues and doubles, and just about every league i go to . . .

sorta competitive like that. not in a rage-y way, but i was in sports all through high school and a bit in college, so . . . yeah. when i screw up, i figure i just need to practice more. so i do. it's not always fun, but it's always satisfying. i don't leave the course or the field until i feel that i've gotten better. if i had a bad round, i will play another. if i play even worse the second round, i play a third and so on until i feel like i've worked the crap out of my system, or sometimes i take a break in the middle of a round, throw multiple drives on a hole, go get them, throw them again until my body figures out what it did wrong, then continue on with my round.

if i took two weeks off it probably wouldn't hurt me, but i hate the thought of other people practicing while i'm not.

does it bother you that you're not disc golfing? or do you feel like the break will do you some good when you rest up and come back? soon i'm going to be putting in OT as well, but i still plan on getting out in some way or another. dunno if 12 hour days 6 days a week is going to allow for that, but we're gonna try. ;)

How have you incorporated the skills you groomed while playing into everyday life (i.e. backhand or forehand throwing technique, turbo putting, and thumbers)?

I have been messing around at work with Cardboard. Putting Cardboard into the baler and driving with cardboard. I'm itching to get back out there.

How you gonna get your 18th ace if you aint' playing?:confused:

That would be nice. This year I've gotten 3 of them. It's the most I've had in a year ever.

Dear Ash/Firedstarbird;
You may have missed this, but

I think this is a "sexual euphemism".

He means, why are you killin' yourself working so hard so young:wall:, when you should be playing life so risky you'll be lucky to still be alive at 40?

Here, I'll take up your slack: In 10 days, I'm done with wildfire season, and I leave for a 24-day kayak trip in the Grand Canyon. THAT'S how you do it, young 'un.:)

I see. Yeah I've been told I need to slow down. I've already got Arthritis and bad knees and I turn 31 next month.

The work I do now is all I know. I've worked hard my whole life so that is all I know.

sometimes i want to take a break for a week or so.

then i remember that i want to win at leagues and doubles, and just about every league i go to . . .

sorta competitive like that. not in a rage-y way, but i was in sports all through high school and a bit in college, so . . . yeah. when i screw up, i figure i just need to practice more. so i do. it's not always fun, but it's always satisfying. i don't leave the course or the field until i feel that i've gotten better. if i had a bad round, i will play another. if i play even worse the second round, i play a third and so on until i feel like i've worked the crap out of my system, or sometimes i take a break in the middle of a round, throw multiple drives on a hole, go get them, throw them again until my body figures out what it did wrong, then continue on with my round.

if i took two weeks off it probably wouldn't hurt me, but i hate the thought of other people practicing while i'm not.

does it bother you that you're not disc golfing? or do you feel like the break will do you some good when you rest up and come back? soon i'm going to be putting in OT as well, but i still plan on getting out in some way or another. dunno if 12 hour days 6 days a week is going to allow for that, but we're gonna try. ;)

It does bother me a bit that I'm not Disc Golfing. I'm taking my Holdiays and will be back on Dayshift come Monday.

After I rest up a bit I'm gonna play some tomorrow.

Man your work sounds like mine.

What did you have for lunch last Thursday?

I had Lentils,Brown Rice and some Rosemary Chicken. Then I had a Swiss Roll Cake.

Can we start asking questions again?

Sure thing man. :thmbup:

I Finally played today. Man it was great. I was a bit rusty at first but it all came back to me 5 holes in.

Played some doubles with some friends and I was the odd man out. I ended up winning with a score of -14 for 27 holes. I only had 1 bogey and it was on an easy par 3 lol.

After playing today I realized I no longer needed my Buzzz or my XXX in the bag. My Firebird and my Comets pretty much have those shots covered. Got tired of trying to drive with my Voodoo's so I put my Pure's back in the bag. :thmbup:

All in all it was a fun day. Even though I was accused of cheating since I was hitting some monster putts for birds lol.

Do you believe that your inability to get out and play as much as you like is due to the fact that we are all becoming wage slaves?

Latest posts