• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hello & appreciation!

I found these videos, and particularly the field work suggestion in the second vid, helpful for smoothing out my motion and getting rid of most of that jerky feeling. It seems like a waste of time while you're doing it, but I do think it helped me.

Glad you crossed over to DG!

Sidewinder22 is getting me close to a much better "free-wheeling" BH form I can iterate on (which I'm sure will take months/years), so FH should be back on the menu soon. Re: FH, my shoulder issue started many years ago with a bad guess at throwing a baseball without training. Your experience & the Robbie C video are very helpful. I'm going to try the FH hyzer drill he suggests first, that makes a ton of sense.

I like Stokely, too. In one of his videos, he talks about the elbow only needing to be just barely in front of the wrist. Don't kill yourself trying to make your arm look like Eagle's. The more you can get the elbow to lead, the better, but it's not all that important to us mere mortals.

This is helpful to hear. Also, I was paying close attention to Sw22's post on leading properly with the elbow. I definitely was not doing that before & was putting too much torque on my shoulder and elbow. At that point, I stopped to work hard on my BH to get at least one throw technique under control. Since then, for FH, I've tried short upshots here and there just focusing on getting my elbow forward before the plant and it feels much better. I'll take some baby steps in this direction soon!

If you can manage a trip to Tyler State Park, do it.

There's a few courses just off 95 in northern DE worth a day trip. Lums Pond (meh), Iron Hill (you'll need the arm and precision for that one!), White Clay Creek, Bellevue, and Brandywine are all within 20 mins or so of I-95. (most of those are DE state parks, so you might want to see about fees)

I keep hearing good things about Tyler & it's top of my "must play" list now. Helpful to hear about these down the I-95 corridor too since I can plan ahead for that.

Anyone else just want to quit everything else they're doing and play DG all day every day?

Putting games start Christmas morning in the garage. Super stoked to get a round or two in with my little dude as well.

Putting games start Christmas morning in the garage. Super stoked to get a round or two in with my little dude as well.

Hope it was fun! My 6-mo old baby girl is entering the "throw everything" phase, so a mini will go in her hand soon.

Joining this forum has been awesome. Plenty of backhand form work to keep me busy the whole winter, and probably the next 5-30 years. Good distance & consistency gained/much less injury-prone.

Forehand update: The Robbie C "underhand" and other drills with neutral discs in the field have helped a lot, thank you. I'm comfortably flicking ~200' without any injuries and ok accuracy. I'm liking the Zone a lot these days and use a Champ Thunderbird when I want more distance/beef/skip/flex. Taking it very slow with these overall and enjoying having some new utility here.

Welcome to the forum, Brychanus. How are you? How is your practice going?

Hi, thanks! Likewise! I'm doing well, and you?

Practice is doing great things for my game. Sidewinder22 and others here have completely rebuilt my backhand and I'm having a great time with this new obsession. The going is getting tougher with form changes, but it has been worth it. I'm throwing farther than ever, but more important I hurt less and hit my lines more with less effort. I've even been taking baby steps with my forehand and can park my FH upshots a lot more often. It's been fun to see scores getting better over time and I love hanging with my main gang and bumping into locals on the courses. Just a huge boost in my quality of life.

This forum is a great place and it's a shame more people aren't taking advantage of it :)