• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hello From Colorado!

COLODISCR

Bogey Member
Hey all!

I've been browsing on herer for awhile just reading and figured now that spring is around the corner I'd finally register here to help with my quest to get better and lower my scores.

I just got back from the park and can throw 175'-225' stand still using a Dart, Mako3, Shark or Leopard. If I try to x-step and attempt a run (more like walk) up the distance is the same or shorter as I tend to throw high then. After being out for about 2 hours I can hit 200' consistently and get my DX Leopard to fly exactly like the chart with a slight turn then fade at the end about 2 out of every 5 throws. I started getting too tired to keep throwing and now my upper right leg is a little sore. Is that normal putting all my weight forward on to that leg for RHBH or does that mean I'm doing something wrong?

I am around the Denver area, northeast side of the metro area, and if anyone is around willing to help correct my flaws I'm usually off Sunday through Tuesday...

Welcome from Mississippi !

Congrats for making the move from lurker to member :clap:. Have fun being able to get your voice in and post on the conversations that happen around here.

Good Times :D!

Last edited:
Welcome from the sweaty Sac from the California valley. I'll tell you what everyone had told me. Get someone to video tour throw and post it to the forum. Any number of members would be willing to help.

Welcome, I'm way out in the mountains otherwise I would try to meet up with you.

Wow! A Rocky Mountain "Hi!" :p

Welcome to the insanity. And odds are the soreness is just doing so much of an unfamiliar use of muscle groups. Note: I'm not a doctor, but you can usually ice sore muscles. But if the problem persists, there's a good chance your form is off. This should be fluid fun, not 'strong-arm' stuff. Definitely find your local club and join in with some of their activities!

Yeahyohey!

Good to see another new 'face' around here. This place has a vast amount of useful knowledge, so dig in!

Welcome! I dont post much myself but there is tons of great info here!

I am over in Lakewood, and more than happy to help out with form flaws and disc selection! Let me know how I can help!

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Thanks for the info HyzerUniBomber I will have to look into trying one of the tags,

-as the unibomber said id hop on a league round in the area (mhdgc-and many others) I live just north in WY and have thrown in mhdgc and noco leagues. Lots of fun, and talented players abound.

Welcome to the site, lots of good peeps around here to answer your Disc Golf inquiries. Definitely hook up with the local club for more DG knowledge and adventure. I'm hoping to be in Denver next month to visit friend, plan on playing a few courses while I'm there.

OP: reading HyzerUniBomber's posts and, even better, meeting up with him, will help your game a great deal. HUB is a font of disc golf knowledge.

Also, if you're looking to travel a little outside of Denver, the group Throw Colorado runs multi-club tag matches just about every day of the week. We'd love to see you down here in the Springs area!

Throw Colorado Webpage

Howdy, if you make it up north of denver and want to try one of the longmont courses I am usually free and playing between 3-6pm on tuesdays and am always down to meet new people. Feel free to pm me here if you want to make the short trip up.

Latest posts