• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hello from Durham, NC!

durhambranr

Hey all!

I just started playing at the end of September this year (2017). I live in Durham, NC and my home course is Valley Springs. I read a lot of good advice to not jump into distance drivers etc so I have been throwing some entry level disc I.e. leopard, shark. I'm still doing stand still shots while practicing on my X-Step and form. I'm driving about 275'-300' stand still consistently. I'm also hitting less trees etc. All is good. Excited to be here and I'll have lots of questions.

If you haven't already, find a local league where you can play in some doubles. Always good to be around other players to ask questions and find out about other discs.

Bull City Disc Golf
TCP
CADL
There may be more groups.....

Glow Doubles at Valley Springs this Wednesday then we are off to Kentwood next week. Sign-up at 6:30. Where throwing at 7pm. Shameless plug. That's a good course to learn on.

Welcome

If you haven't played Leigh Farm Park yet, don't. It might be enough to break the spirit of a newbie. One of only two disc golf courses I ever walked off of after a few holes.

Valley Springs is a lot of fun. I wish we had a course that good here in GSO.

I love playing in that area. I travel there for work every 3 or 4 months. Lot's of trees!
I suggest some field work and find disc you can throw straight. I bring an FD, Buzz and Envy when playing. After you get better, you might buy some champion style plastics. Hitting trees are all part of the fun there and those will hold up well. I took a star TL that acted overstable. After 1 week of playing everyday there it acts understable now.

UNC Disc Golf Course and Buckhorn are super nice. Neither are easy. You can practice at Cornwallis it should be close.