• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The forehand body bend

Malawi

Par Member
The last 2 weeks my forehand finally has hit a point where all throws feels so easy to achieve distance and aiming is consistant.

But.... today on the field form was back to normal, some throws was good but mostly lots of turn overs, elbow felt stuck, follow through was bad, shoulder hurt etc.

Then i stepped up and just smashed one away, so next throw i stepped up the same and noticed that my body is tilted diagonal bending my waist to the side not forward like you throw a backhand that i had done for 1 hour like bending forward and twisting body sideways..no

The trick is bending diagonal if you standing straight with chest pointing to the target. Then only then elbow can easy swing by forward so release and follow through is correct. Of course most of you already know this, me aswell but it can be hard to remember when you still work on your form and its so crucial.

Watch Sarah Hokom throw a forehand. Her form is extreme, but her forehand form shows the 'sideways' bend during the throw. I've seen other players who have a form as extreme as hers or close to it. But they are the exception. Somewhere between that and upright you'll find the 'sweet spot'...but it takes trial and error.

Latest posts