• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Help make a better Wizard

notro--are you going to get ahold of the evo-mixes? If so, let us know how grippy they are!

I don't need glow for glow's sake, but if the addition makes it all better, so be it. Durability is great, but not to sacrifice it actually being a Wizard. That being said, I've only used SSS for putting. Just picked up a Soft though, and it feels like a brick. Excited to see what the G9s bring.

I like the small throwing wizard stamp- don't have any of those yet.

And I thought the smell (at least of the Organics I throw) was always more like soy sauce.

I am not trying to sidetrack this thread but can someone tell me why they smell like maple syrup? I have had a super gummy evo wizard for over a year and it still smells faintly of maple syrup.

I vote for the Evo plastic mixed in. Like someone previously said, I play mostly wooded coruses and durability is important to me.

It's actually a corn syrup based polymer used from what I understand.

I don't need glow for glow's sake, but if the addition makes it all better, so be it. Durability is great, but not to sacrifice it actually being a Wizard. That being said, I've only used SSS for putting. Just picked up a Soft though, and it feels like a brick. Excited to see what the G9s bring.

I like the small throwing wizard stamp- don't have any of those yet.

And I thought the smell (at least of the Organics I throw) was always more like soy sauce.

The orange or white chalky Wizards have this stamp, and they are nothing short of outstanding. I drive on the freeway fondling and sniffing my orange chalky Wizard, and don't give a rat's a$$ who stares at me!

Question:
I recently acquired a "soft" and a "super soft" Wizard.
The super soft is FIRMER than the soft.
Is this normal?

I think that added durability to a firm wizard would be awesome. I recently started using firmer wizards and dislike their durability. Granted, I should not be hitting so many trees, but I had to take the firm wiz out of the bag due to the gouges it would pick up mid-round. I love the smooth release of a firm wizard though and miss it in the bag. Mixing a tackier plastic with the G9 sounds great if it would increase the durability and not mess with the flight characteristics. If such a beast makes it to the streets, sign me up!
Thanks to notroman and dave for working on this. SOOO cool that gateway does this kind of thing!

Best Wizards are small circle tooled softs they are firm but forgiving on the chains, all i put with now. Heck they are all i drive with now too lol.

I don't know if this has been said but I vote for no change. Gateway always gets flack for being inconsistent. If he can consistently make these discs that a lot of people, including myself, like who cares if an $8 disc lasts 1 1/2 seasons or 2? Taking steps to showing your company can be consistent + selling more plastic seems like a win, win to me. I have had some pretty gnarly chunks taken out of my first one and it still flys like new. What non-premium plastic putter takes concrete well?

I like the softs the way they are now. Firm yet grippy. They just need a week or two to break in.

For me, putters are all about comfort in the hand and seasoned soft Wizards feel awesome. It doesn't matter what disc I putt with inside of 25 feet, but outside that the Wizard has just the right amount of glide and fade.

any word on these in glow? i think i have one that is off white would love a stack of these? mine has green glow stamp.

I don't think he ever ran any with the glow blend. He ran out of the plastic before he was able to do that. I hope he gets more of that plastic in soon...

As for why tweak it? To support the players he sponsors. Some of them complained that these beat in a bit fast so he is trying to find a way to make them more durable while retaining the flat shape and the stable flight characteristics.