• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help me build a new bag for the new year ...

tombrinkman01

I'm an old-timer who was just introduced to new technology last year. Please help me fill in the gaps and reduce overlap. Thanks in advance!

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 170
Years playing/experience: 16.5 years dg
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: Right-handed
Throwing Style: 90 percent RHBH, 10 percent FH
Golf Distance (avg/max*): Lat Halo 390'/425'
Injuries/handicaps? Nope
Other sport proficiencies? Ultimate, baseball, football, tennis, basketball
What do you like/dislike about your current bag? LIKE: I have a disc for each situation, and I don't carry what I don't throw. DISLIKE: I carry too many discs.
Specific areas of desired feedback: Reduce overlap, and get suggestions on discs that could replace two or three of my current discs.
Immediate and long-term goals: Being efficient. I want the fewest amount of discs to do the most work.

Bag
DRIVERS
155 Opto Air Lat Halo: Main driver
172 Westside King: Wide open, long holes, where the disc has room to work
175 *XCaliber: Forehand tunnel shots and shots requiring a meat hook

FAIRWAY
175 *Leopard: My go-to disc. Can drive up to 325' -- straight and low.

MIDS
180 MD2 S-Line: Slow, straight and finishes left
177 Champ Coyote: Slow, straight and finishes straight
180 Roc 3: Overstable mid
180 Star Roc+: Stable mid

PUTTERS
174 Anode: When I'm outside of my jump-putting range (~40'). Slow, straight and dies fast.
175 Med Wizard: Main putter sometimes
175 Soft Warlock: Main putter othertimes

I would say that there's probably some overlap between your Roc+ and your MD2. Are they that different? Also, is there anything your MD2 can do that you can't do by hyzering your Coyote? I think your drivers look pretty good, but there may be some overlap between your Halo and your King. Also, I'm sure you know this, but an easy way to get rid of a disc would be to decide on a putter. Having the Anodes for drives and upshots is fine, but you could easily get rid of either the Wizard or the Warlock.

I hope this gives you a couple of things to think about.