• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help my bag.

dgtexas1

Bogey Member
I want to get some thoughts on my bag I am putting together. What can I add or take away from my bag? I tend to throw RHFH but am really working on my RHBH technique. Any suggestions or feedback is appreciated.

1. Stable Control Drivers
Lat 64 River 169
Ti Stalker 171

2. Stable Distance Drivers
Lat 64 Flow 173
Westside King 171

3. Understable Drivers
Z Avenger SS 171
Champion Valkyrie 170

4. Overstable Drivers
Innova Blizzard Boss 147
Lat 64 Halo 170
Innova Blizzard Destroyer 150

Mids:
MVP Vector 175
FLX Buzzz 175

Putters:
SSS Wizard 175
Omega SS 173

1. Stable Control Drivers
Lat 64 River 169
Ti Stalker 171
Stalkers I'm not crazy about but that should be a very good driver for learning BH.
2. Stable Distance Drivers
Lat 64 Flow 173
Westside King 171
I don't have any experience with these but according to Joe's flight chart it seems a little redundant to carry both. What I'd do is pick a favorite and a favorite from your Overstable driver slot and have a fresh OS driver, a beat OS driver for overstable-stable, a fresh King/Flow for stable and a beat King/Flow for stable-understable.
3. Understable Drivers
Z Avenger SS 171
Champion Valkyrie 170
Some overlap here, and the River might beat in to overlap these as well. These are both pretty good first distance drivers for learning BH.

4. Overstable Drivers
Innova Blizzard Boss 147
Lat 64 Halo 170
Innova Blizzard Destroyer 150
Not sure you'd need all these, what do you use these for specifically?
Mids:
MVP Vector 175
FLX Buzzz 175
Not a whole lot of difference b/w a beat Vector and a fresh Buzzz unless it's a 1st run Vector. I'd consider an understable mid like a Fuse, Squall, Axis, Meteor, etc for BH.

Putters:
SSS Wizard 175
Omega SS 173
One a driving putter and one a putting putter?

That's what I got for you. FH guys tend to amass a lot of different driver molds for some reason so it's a little tricky to give criticism coming from a predominant BH player.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply Dave.

I just picked up the two blizzard plastics recently to see how they fly. I haven't had much luck consistently with them yet FH. A So, right now those two discs aren't used much.

Question on the understable mid. What shots do you use an understable mid for most the time? This is something I'll definitely look into.

I have been able to manipulate my buzzz for the most mid-range shots.

try a predator for an overstable driver. Those other three discs are probably only so overstable because of speed, predators are designed to be overstable and will be waayyyyy more controllable than those speed 13's.

Question on the understable mid. What shots do you use an understable mid for most the time? This is something I'll definitely look into.

I have been able to manipulate my buzzz for the most mid-range shots.

One shot in particular is a gradually right turning fairway. Those are so much simpler with a BH turnover than a FH (especially if it's a tight fairway). I also think it's a little easier to anny an US mid on more extreme (but not right angle or more acute) angled dogleg rights where you need more D after the turn. An US mid holds its turn all the way to ground and planes out more than a flicked driver that tends to dump fade.

But really, it's almost criminal to discover the joys of BH without an understable mid and the lines you can manipulate with them. ;)

fling meister said:
The Comet is a great US mid with tons of glide.
Yeah it is (although Comet purists would insist that the Comet is a neutral-stable mid). It is a line-shaping machine, no doubt, and a great if not unparalleled disc for learning BH. My only reservation in recommending it to dgtexas1 is that being predominately sidearm, he may have a problem with beaded discs, so the mids I recommended are more congruent with the profile of the Buzzz or Vector (which has a bead, you just can't feel it much).

Latest posts