• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Help, the beast is flipping.

Knockahomalc

I got a dx beast in a lot buy off the bay and liked it for two throws. The problem is I throw it when I need a shot that fades to the left and apparently it is not made to do that. It flips over beautifully on a nice anny line, but if there is any kind of wind it flips and rolls like crazy. What is a similar disc that is better in the wind and will not flip? Thanks.

Knock.

Worn beast in any plastic aren't great into headwinds, is your dx new?

How far did you throw that dx beast when it didn't flip and go roller?

Also, prices in our MarketPlace are generally less than eBay.

Get yourself a champion and if the PLH and flight plate is good get a Blizzard Champ.

Star plastic is really nice,but I have found some that are pretty darn flippy.

My normal advice for anyone who has been playing for as short of time as you is to play more with Mids and putters until you can consistently throw your Mids over 200' then try a neutral fairway driver like a Leopard until you can throw it over 300' before trying something as fast a Beast. Fast discs often mask form flaws and with poor form your accuracy will suffer so your scoring will not improve as quickly as learning to throw properly.

Sorry to be that guy and check out Disc Golf Review forums too, they helped me lots.

Get yourself a champion and if the PLH and flight plate is good get a Blizzard Champ.

Star plastic is really nice,but I have found some that are pretty darn flippy.

Bonus points to Knock IF he has any idea what PLH is:(

Last edited:
learn the hyzer flip first. control the beast inside you. well not over 15mph headwind.

My beat in DX Beast is even flippy for my rubber-arm. That's the nature of the Beast.

I have a blue dx beast that flips easily in a tailwind. When I throw it with a hyzer it'll flip up and turn over, never coming back left. I also have an orange champion beast that never flips over. It will in a headwind of course but when I'm throwing in a tailwind, it'll glide for days. It's currently favorite disc. =)

My normal advice for anyone who has been playing for as short of time as you is to play more with Mids and putters until you can consistently throw your Mids over 200' then try a neutral fairway driver like a Leopard until you can throw it over 300' before trying something as fast a Beast. Fast discs often mask form flaws and with poor form your accuracy will suffer so your scoring will not improve as quickly as learning to throw properly.

Sorry to be that guy and check out Disc Golf Review forums too, they helped me lots.

Listen to this advice. It's better to start slow and learn proper form from the start than to develop bad habits that could make you have to start over completely to break.

Put more hyzer on it.
My DX Beast is used for long turnover drives, as a lefty I'll release it at 75% power and let it flip up right away and watch it turn over and sail gracefully.

Too much power or not enough hyzer and it turns and burns.

Listen to this.

I got a dx beast in a lot buy off the bay and liked it for two throws. The problem is I throw it when I need a shot that fades to the left and apparently it is not made to do that. It flips over beautifully on a nice anny line, but if there is any kind of wind it flips and rolls like crazy. What is a similar disc that is better in the wind and will not flip? Thanks.

Knock.

a beast not in DX....star or champ with a good flat dome preferably.
and a beast is made to fly many many different lines depending on the skill level of the player. for some they hyzer, others their straight, and some they flip. all depends on you. its a good disc tho, and if you liked its brand new flight, then stick with a premium plastic one.

I have never seen a DX beast that didn't roll over and die at high speeds.
I wish they had never listened to schultz and had just made him a new disc. the original beast was so cherry. sigh.....

I have a DX Beast 175g and I have to hyzer it a ton. But when I do it flips up, turns and fades back. Makes for a deep, deep drive. Problem is, if I screw up that sucker will turn hard right and never come back. I only throw the Beast when I have a ton of room to work with and need something long.

Depending on how far you throw i would get a PD in one of the 3 plastics. If you throw far get a C-line if you are throwing average get a S-line and if you dont throw very far get a P-line.

Latest posts