• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help with identifying this disc

putt4doe

I need help with the identity of this disc. I know it's from the 80's, it's a San Marino mold. Is it an Eagle? We always just called these Champions, but now I know that they are just made by Champion. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC02509.JPG
    DSC02509.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC02512.JPG
    DSC02512.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC02510.JPG
    DSC02510.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 72
its not an eagle. your beveled edge is too pronounced. do you know what the diameter in cm. is?

I have a banshee with that stamp but your edge sure looks nothing like a banshee.

well its a midrange disc for sure. possibly a classic roc. the roc mold that replaced the classic roc, i believe is a little larger in diameter than the 21.6 cm. somebody please correct me on that....if the letters on the bottom are large block letters then yeah i dont think its a stingray, are the letters small block or large?

i just looked at the innova site. the classic roc is 21.2 cm. the stingray and cobra and the newer roc are all 21.7 cm. my guess is one of those three. of course the new roc, cobra and stingray came out after they went to small block letters on the bottom.

Is there a Patent Number on the bottom? That would help narrow down the timeline depending on if it is there or not.

Yes there is a patent # on it, I belive the letters on the back are large block. I put up next to an old Cobra and it's the same size, and the rims look alike, but with a bead on the Cobra. So maybe an early or retooled Cobra.

Found out my Banshees stamp is not quite the same but similar.

Attachments

• IMG00092.jpg
    IMG00092.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 68
ive got an early 90s cobra and it looks nothing like that rim.

i put my eagle x up to the screen and that lip looks like it has the same exact slope only deeper

Yeah, definately one of those slower mid range discs. It looks a bit older and that is definately the first run stamp. It is likely DX plastic becasue of the combination of those things. I would think if it was a Roc that someone whould have known by now with those pictures. It could be a Shark but I couldn't tell you becuase I have only ever held my parents DX Sharks a couple of times. I have seen someone else throw a Stingray once. It there any chance it could be a Cobra?

I am going to guess Shark but I don't know.

Latest posts