• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hi-Tec Figaro

If my experience is anything to go by they will definitely replace those. Merrell is exceptional about returns, I've done it twice now with boot style shoes that blew out on the side.

My trail gloves are holding up good, and I found some black ones on sale so I bought a backup pair.

I actually just used the same shoes you posted for my bikepacking trip, where I put about 15 rounds of golf, ~50 miles of walking, and hundreds of miles of biking on them. They smell like hell but they held up perfectly, couldn't be happier with them. That's my pair.

What confuses me about Merrell is I'm having these thin, minimal running shoes hold up better than their heavier hiking style shoes like the boots I wore last spring and all of 2013, the chameleons I used to wear etc. Makes no sense to me, but I dig the lightweight footwear either way.

Now that I'm back home I'll probably go back to the Figaros & Trail gloves depending on how I feel each day. I definitely have a shoe problem. :D

If my experience is anything to go by they will definitely replace those. Merrell is exceptional about returns, I've done it twice now with boot style shoes that blew out on the side.

My trail gloves are holding up good, and I found some black ones on sale so I bought a backup pair.

I actually just used the same shoes you posted for my bikepacking trip, where I put about 15 rounds of golf, ~50 miles of walking, and hundreds of miles of biking on them. They smell like hell but they held up perfectly, couldn't be happier with them. That's my pair.

What confuses me about Merrell is I'm having these thin, minimal running shoes hold up better than their heavier hiking style shoes like the boots I wore last spring and all of 2013, the chameleons I used to wear etc. Makes no sense to me, but I dig the lightweight footwear either way.

Now that I'm back home I'll probably go back to the Figaros & Trail gloves depending on how I feel each day. I definitely have a shoe problem. :D

Well thats good to hear that yours are holding up.. I had the same pair.

It sounds like they will be sending a replacement out. Gotta have lightweight grippy shoes for disc golf thats for sure.

Well I just had part of the sole on my pair of Ascends rip off. Right side of the right shoe, near where I pivot on a RHBH drive. Emailing them today about either getting replacements or trading them in for trail gloves, since I didn't have the sale rip off the pair I've been using for half a year now. I'll get a pic up later.

Back to my Figaro's for now. Forgot how comfy they were.

Well I just had part of the sole on my pair of Ascends rip off. Right side of the right shoe, near where I pivot on a RHBH drive. Emailing them today about either getting replacements or trading them in for trail gloves, since I didn't have the sale rip off the pair I've been using for half a year now. I'll get a pic up later.

Back to my Figaro's for now. Forgot how comfy they were.

doesnt sound like they have anymore "ascends" so i will probably give the trail gloves a try.. and maybe a pair of Figaros sometime ha

Here's the damage vs my trail gloves that are nearly worn through but have held together in the same area.

Attachments

• tmp_17570-IMAG0961-1399113334.jpg
    tmp_17570-IMAG0961-1399113334.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 46
  • tmp_17570-IMAG09651755461216.jpg
    tmp_17570-IMAG09651755461216.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 45
Here's the damage vs my trail gloves that are nearly worn through but have held together in the same area.

not bad for being so thin. I sent merrell a few options for replacements so we will see what i get back.

For now, I got a pair of the Figaros to try out... couldnt pass them up at $40 and the vibram bottoms seem pretty solid.

I've been using my Figaro's 24/7 lately. Those green Trail Gloves are just dedicated biking shoes now that they're worn so thin. Figure I'll give the Figaros a good workout this fall and see how they continue to hold up. So far perfect.

Emailed Merrell about the Ascend. Think I'm going to try and get some more Trail Glove's 2.

Either way I'm getting pretty sick of mailing shoes back to Merrell. Almost to the point I'm going to give up on all of their models outside of the Trail Gloves. I hate that they make such grippy, comfortable shoes....but most of their models suck for disc golf when it comes to durability.

If these Figaros give me at least a solid 8 months I'll be happy for the price.

I've been using my Figaro's 24/7 lately. Those green Trail Gloves are just dedicated biking shoes now that they're worn so thin. Figure I'll give the Figaros a good workout this fall and see how they continue to hold up. So far perfect.

Emailed Merrell about the Ascend. Think I'm going to try and get some more Trail Glove's 2.

Either way I'm getting pretty sick of mailing shoes back to Merrell. Almost to the point I'm going to give up on all of their models outside of the Trail Gloves. I hate that they make such grippy, comfortable shoes....but most of their models suck for disc golf when it comes to durability.

If these Figaros give me at least a solid 8 months I'll be happy for the price.

They've gotta wonder how the shoes are getting destroyed so quickly lol

update bought 2 pairs and a pair of boots i randomly found. going to be walkin for dayzzz

I grabbed another pair as well, the orange is a little bright but these are great shoes and 24.30 with tax is ridiculous.

co-sign on figaros being really solid shoes, low price or otherwise