• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

High-quality, durable towel for my bag

BlueMonk

Par Member
I'm searching for a nice clip-on towel for my bag that's durable enough to survive repeated runs through my washing machine. I've tried a few, but the metal eyelet always seems to separate from the towel after just 2 or 3 washes, and the towel is pretty much useless after that as it quickly begins to unravel.

I haven't seen any threads on this in several years. Is there a really good product out there anyone can recommend? I don't mind spending money for a towel that will last.

Thanks!

I just buy cotton kitchen towels and add my own grommets. Towels are only a couple bucks and the grommet kits are pretty cheap too.

Microfiber is pointless for disc golf, in my experience. And I don't care about having a logo.

The Prodigy towel I have works pretty well. It's the only thing I'll buy from them, and I don't care about getting mud on their logo ;)

Try to find a Wilson Golf Towel with Wilson logo on it. The thing is huge and picks up sand and teddy burs like no other so keep it from touching the ground common sense with most disc golfers today.

Another to try: A friend uses one is a Towch one that is the bag as well to hold 2 or 3 discs but he uses it as a towel. The Towch is made different without grommets, it uses fabric loops that work better.

Innova Dewfly is what you are looking for. No eyelet at all. Theres still a loop to hang it from your bag and it is sewed on.

I like the microfiber, regular towels don't do s#|£ for me at least. They just smear dirt and water around and never actually take it off. Worth the investment if you ask me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm searching for a nice clip-on towel for my bag that's durable enough to survive repeated runs through my washing machine. I've tried a few, but the metal eyelet always seems to separate from the towel after just 2 or 3 washes, and the towel is pretty much useless after that as it quickly begins to unravel.

I haven't seen any threads on this in several years. Is there a really good product out there anyone can recommend? I don't mind spending money for a towel that will last.

Thanks!

You need to check out the Flightowel https://flightowel.com/ Scott is a great guy and makes a great product that isn't just a towel but something you can use to warm up. I love my towel.

I hate those things. They just pick up Schmutz because of the larger loop microfiber weave.

Now, if you can get waffle weave ones.. those are good.. but I still end up rolling dewflys, they last long enough to be worth the $$$

They only pick stuff up if you put them on the ground.
I live in Oregon. I play in LOTS of rain. All the time. These have been my go-to towels for years. I don't put them in the dirt.

They only pick stuff up if you put them on the ground.
I live in Oregon. I play in LOTS of rain. All the time. These have been my go-to towels for years. I don't put them in the dirt.

I live in AZ dude, you get things within 20" of the ground (or anything really) and it's getting picked up. You got's rain ;)

Oh, and it's also always windy here.

Different tools for different jobs

Also being in the wet PNW, I love microfiber most of the year. I will swap out for regular cotton sometimes in the spring/early summer when it's dry and the blackberries (and every other grabbing plant) are in full bloom.

Try to find a Wilson Golf Towel with Wilson logo on it. The thing is huge and picks up sand and teddy burs like no other so keep it from touching the ground common sense with most disc golfers today.

Just saw some at my Local Walmart, they had the Wilson Golf Towel Wilson logo stitched on it. The thing was black not white like mine I got 13 years ago. They are big towels that last a long time worth the $10-$12 when not on sale like ours are now being off season.

What makes a good time depends on what elements and debris you're dealing with.

Microfiber can really absorb water, but are a nightmare when it comes to clingy stuff like burrs and leafy debris.

Waffle weave is a pretty good compromise, not as clingy as micro fiber, stool reasonably absorbent. I like Discraft's waffle weave.

My favorites are sueded microfiber like the dew fly. They absorb pretty well, and are the most resistant to picking up hitch hiking burrs.

Regular Terry is quite absorbent, but you'll end up picking crap off of it.

What's best for you probably depends on whether you playing in the woods, on sand, on grass, in the rain, and whether you clip it to your side or keep it in your bag.

What makes a good time depends on what elements and debris you're dealing with.

Microfiber can really absorb water, but are a nightmare when it comes to clingy stuff like burrs and leafy debris.

Waffle weave is a pretty good compromise, not as clingy as micro fiber, stool reasonably absorbent. I like Discraft's waffle weave.

My favorites are sueded microfiber like the dew fly. They absorb pretty well, and are the most resistant to picking up hitch hiking burrs.

Regular Terry is quite absorbent, but you'll end up picking crap off of it.

What's best for you probably depends on whether you playing in the woods, on sand, on grass, in the rain, and whether you clip it to your side or keep it in your bag.
this! depending on the enviroment you're playing, it can be a whole different ball (disc) game. YMMV

I've got two of the black Innova towels that've held up great for years. I've also got one of the softer microfiber Innova towels that I clip on because it's bright pink and looks good with my discs. The only bad thing about the black Innova towels is that when they are new they pick up a TON of stuff from the ground. Wash it a few times and it will lose the stickiness.

The problem with most microfiber towels is people buy the cheap ones in bulk that are made for general cleaning use. They are usually in the 150-250gsm range and are terrible for absorbing water. If you want microfiber towels that actually absorb well, you want higher gsm closer to 400. These cost considerably more, and because of that I feel many people overlook them.

I have never had a towel from a disc golf manufacturer that absorbed water. It's a bummer, because there are so many out there that look cool and feel great. Most manufacturers unfortunately use cheap low gsm microfiber towels that just smear the water around instead of absorbing.

Another thing to keep in mind with microfiber towels is care. If you wash your microfiber towels in the washing machine make sure you either hang them to dry or throw them in the drier on the lowest temperature setting. It doesn't take a lot of heat to melt those fibers rendering the towel useless.

Latest posts