• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

You'd think that would be enough for someone.

Especially because I assume this is/was somewhat of a destination place where you'd meet up with a good amount of other players. Playing these courses with 4-6 people on a card as I presume most probably do, takes so much time. I know in my less than advanced talent group it's difficult to get more than two courses played in one daylight worth of time.

What I really meant was, that 5 is more than anywhere else. A lot more than almost everywhere else. 5 courses in one place is an attraction; I'm not sure how much more 10 would be.

What they seem to have is 5 courses and a bunch of different layouts, mixing and match parts of them. Which is cool, too. Just not 10.

I've also played what I call Bearland Green, combo of I think bear front 11 or something and then a slight walk over to woodland to finish another like 9 holes or something

I played that a couple years ago too. Basically that was the part of Bear that was mowed and after that we found our way onto Woodland Greens.

This will actually be the first year since 2013 that I won't be visiting, sad.

What I really meant was, that 5 is more than anywhere else. A lot more than almost everywhere else. 5 courses in one place is an attraction; I'm not sure how much more 10 would be.

What they seem to have is 5 courses and a bunch of different layouts, mixing and match parts of them. Which is cool, too. Just not 10.

More than 5 is 100% past the point of diminishing returns IMO, especially given that the level of care given to the courses would fall off dramatically if there was twice as much to do and the same number of people to do it.

More than 5 is 100% past the point of diminishing returns IMO, especially given that the level of care given to the courses would fall off dramatically if there was twice as much to do and the same number of people to do it.

.....and the proximity to major population centers which could fill those courses.

Or lack thereof.

I just watched the '07 Worlds DVD last night. So strange seeing the courses neatly trimmed, and the baskets all new. Also, Joey Mela's roller deuce on BB 3 is amazing. I am so throwing a roller on that if I ever get to play it again.

Disappointed that there were no John Jokinen interviews on the DVD.

Might be a "circle the wagons" move since John owns the Honka and property closely surrounding it. Roger now owns much of the hill. Not sure this bodes well for playing the courses as this drama continues to unfold.
so It will be redesigned into 9 Hole course ? . No mowing required ? Just road grading ? I need Practicing on my Rollers Anyways ! :)

so It will be redesigned into 9 Hole course ? . No mowing required ? Just road grading ? I need Practicing on my Rollers Anyways ! :)

I bet having a more centralized location for the Zip Lines, Clay Luge Track, Mountain Bike Trails, Pond Hockey, The Arboretum, Massage & Yoga Center, Earthing/Grounding, High Bridge Hills Singers, Tough Mudder, Tree Houses, Cross Country Skiing, Infrasound Weekends, 1000 Year Old Oak Trees, Geocaching, Brothel, Camping, Sledding, Women's Center, Senior Center, Youth Center, U.S. Disc Golf Amateur Association Headquarters, Rockets, Tire Recycling, Condos, Cabins, Community Gardens, Pro Shop, Bunkhouse, the Porta Potty, the Hot Tub, the Zamboni, and the myriad of other "make sense and big $$$" diversifications, will make them much easier to manage and maintain also!

I just don't want this to be the end. I think we all knew HBH wouldn't last forever....but not yet, not yet. Give me a couple more trips, please.

Latest posts