• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Might want to ask a mod to clean that up. The request of my quote is tacked on to the end, and it reads really strangely. Even for this thread.

Apparently too late at night for me to be posting, especially on a device I'm not too familiar with :/

Mods, please clean it up.

But seriously, where does JJ get 3 new courses from?

Highbridge doesn't need a new name.

It needs to be mowed regularly. It needs clean and reliably reservable accommodations. It needs to be cleaned up and it needs a bit of regular maintenance. It is a disc golf course destination. Take care of these things and it will succeed. Prioritize other things ahead of these things and it won't go well.

When I hear talk about these things getting done and a commitment to these things getting done then I will get excited.

New name, Chief Security Officer, Pro Team. Great? Maybe? I'm more interested in the hearing about the basics getting taken care of.

Yes, simply put, it needs focus and work ON the courses, not OFF them! Marketing naming branding festivals felony dumping all dont mean anything if the courses themselves can't deliver and are in shambles! I think tee signs have been needed for about 10 years!!!

Didn't a guy from the UP make tee signs for all of the courses recently? Last year or the year before.

It was. I think he made it through 2 or so courses before giving up bc they all got trashed or lost by Infrasound people.

Nah I made it through all the courses before they started getting yanked out and smashed.

They could go for some new ones again - they were all handpainted and now when I do signage I just do it on the computer so it looks more professional.

Laminated paper signs actually hold up surprisingly well when pinned to a wood board,, and when they eventually do get soggy enough they're cheap to replace.

It's basic business to construct a marketing plan along with course maintenance. It isn't a Jokinen scheme.

Nah I made it through all the courses before they started getting yanked out and smashed.

They could go for some new ones again - they were all handpainted and now when I do signage I just do it on the computer so it looks more professional.

Laminated paper signs actually hold up surprisingly well when pinned to a wood board,, and when they eventually do get soggy enough they're cheap to replace.

Played all the HBH courses in the Spring of 2016. Really appreciated those signs, especially the round we played on Bear, completely un-mowed and soggy af. The other half of our group had played it a day or two earlier and you happened to put the signs up between their round and ours. Let's just say our group had a lot more fun. So a long overdue thank you, sir.

Totally agree. A laminator is probably one of the single best purchases for my DG club I have ever made. It really is amazing how well laminated office paper holds up.

There are also simple techniques to transfer printed images to wood that can then be weatherproofed. Printed images do tend to fade in the sun though, they're probably more suited for temporary signage.

There are also simple techniques to transfer printed images to wood that can then be weatherproofed. Printed images do tend to fade in the sun though, they're probably more suited for temporary signage.
Laser print, especially black, holds up much better to UV fading than inkjet though.

This is the best info I've seen in a week. I need to re-do signage at one of my courses now that we've expanded and completed it. Now I have a few more hours of obsessive research to figure out how and where to do laser printed tyvek. Seems like just the right DIY level where we can replace a tee sign if some poopoo head defaces one. That's my biggest worry about buying a nice set of 36 signs from a company, then needing to do a single 2 years later.

In my experience, the more plain and boring the signs look (while still having all the important of the hole on them) generally aren't stolen or abused by vandals. The sharper they look, the more reason some punk may and try and steal it or magic marker it up.

Latest posts