• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

When I was at Highbridge for worlds I bought a set of minis that were color coordinated for the courses that were in use. Do they still sell the mini sets?

I assume for worlds the shop was actually stocked. I saw some of those when I was there, but only sold singly. There was really not much in there when I was there. Maybe 30 discs max, a box of minis and coozies, and some shirts and towels. For reference on why I said overpriced: friend of mine bought a towel for $30.

Yeah dont plan on the pro shop being open. Of the 10+ times Ive been there this season, its only been open like once, maybe twice.

My best advice for Highbridge is to expect great disc golf, camping, and outdoors. The nice shiny amenities (nice shop, food, etc) just arent part of the experience I guess. Gotta go to Sandy Point or Blue Ribbon Pines for that I guess. But the carts seem to be fulfilling their duties from what I can tell. Ive never used em though.

We actually had pretty good luck with the pro shop on our trip. The dude running it (not John, some other local I guess) had a twin of my main putter for cheaper than I've seen them (2011 Halloween Star Aviar), and we also cleaned him out of Buzzz GTs, of which he surprisingly had 3.

Well to add some positivity to this thread, I talked with John and I will be making new, accurate signage for the courses there. They'll be put on the low 4x4's that the current, laminated signs are on now. They will be similar but improved from the signs I have out at Mt. Zion DGC in Ironwood. I plan on using the distances and pars given on this website. I dont have a specific timetable for when each course will be finished, but I plan on beginning Blueberry's by the end of the week.

Well to add some positivity to this thread, I talked with John and I will be making new, accurate signage for the courses there. They'll be put on the low 4x4's that the current, laminated signs are on now. They will be similar but improved from the signs I have out at Mt. Zion DGC in Ironwood. I plan on using the distances and pars given on this website. I dont have a specific timetable for when each course will be finished, but I plan on beginning Blueberry's by the end of the week.

That's accurate?

That's accurate?

Haha well its the best thing Ive got other than whats already on the signs, and half of those you cant even read.

You guys have any advice on that? Im open to anything really except manually measuring all the holes w a 100 foot measuring tape, I did that with my course and that sucked.

Haha well its the best thing Ive got other than whats already on the signs, and half of those you cant even read.

You guys have any advice on that? Im open to anything really except manually measuring all the holes w a 100 foot measuring tape, I did that with my course and that sucked.

Laser rangefinder. You should be able to afford one if you charge what the new signs are worth.

Even if the distances are correct, you'll want to use the latest thinking on pars.

Hmmm rangefinders are a good idea, but theyre a tad expensive. I was told I could be paid for this, but in all honesty Im doing this cause the courses need it and I am just happy to be involved. Ill see what I can swing though.

I hope I can get the pars correct to fit the majority of peoples liking, I feel like a lot are off.

Geezus, just go with what's on the site. If you're really worried about it, see about finding a 300' tape...it should at least make it easier. No reason to spend more money over a few feet.

I wouldn't dwell on it too much, though. The distances seemed pretty darn close when I was there. Also, thanks for the efforts!

.....par 2s!

I would hope the tee signs would show Gold, Blue, White and Red par for every hole. Unless there is some sort of force field preventing anyone from playing any tee.

Or at least Gold (real) par, plus par for the skill level the tee was designed for.

If so, there would be a lot of Gold par 2s from the red, white, and blue tees. Maybe even one or two on the gold tees of Highbridge Gold, but I'd need scoring data before I'd label them as such.

If my memory serves me correctly.........
The old, highly faded, almost readable pieces of paper, show multiple pin placements. I don't believe that any of pins have been moved in my 3 trips there. If the baskets are not being moved, don't confuse the situation by showing multiple placements or multiple distances.

I'm going with the single pin placements. Ive been going there for 2 years now and they've never been moved. Me personally, I'm not worried about EXACT distance, but I just want to make sure the most people will find the distances accurate enough to help their decision making during play.

Par wise you'll never satisfy everybody, so I'll go with my best judgement.

Par wise you'll never satisfy everybody, so I'll go with my best judgement.

You got that backwards. Because everyone goes with their own personal best judgement, par is something that doesn't satisfy everybody.

I'm currently calibrating the various methods of setting par so they all produce pars that are consistent with the definition, and are therefore consistent and at the level which is optimal for providing information to players.

Based on preliminary results, may I suggest you apply your judgement by using the Close Range Par method, but with gold close range set to 180 feet instead of 100? (And proportionately adjusted for other skill levels.) That will give you pars that perform very well.

I'd like to see Gold par on every sign (in addition to the skill-level par) because so many players will go there to try many courses. With gold par on all signs, they can get an idea of the relative difficulty without mental gymnastics like whether a blue par 3 hole is harder than red par 4.

Good to see new signs are being made up! That was about the only problem we had there in August, since none of us had played the courses before. At least the sign gives you relative ideas of where things should be located and close enough distance.

Well, when I looked at this course and saw where it was I was real surprised.

Are their actually a lot of disc golfers in the area or is this a destination course?

If I recall correctly, this being around the UP of Michigan it means it is very isolated, rugged country.

My kind of place for a great course!

Jealous of the folks living nearby.

Jeremy thank you so much for tackling the signs. I looked at your signs for the Mt. Zion course and they look nice, so if the HBH signs are going to be even better I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated. I suggest a measuring wheel for the distances, doesn't get much easier and cost effective than that. And also it's surprising how many people already have one that you may be able to borrow.

On a side note 3 DAYS UNTIL I'M HEADED UP THERE OHHHHH YEAHHHHH!!

Latest posts