• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Anyone know how the ticks and mosquitoes are in late August-Early October. Thinking about planning a trip up next year, but my previous trip to Highbridge was in Late may and the ticks and skeeters were out of control.

Late May is probably the time of the year that the most ticks and skeeters are out, can't really get there when they're worse haha. After June it seemed great.

Also here's all the completed signs, I hope to get em nailed to the old posts today.

Attachments

• 20151008_202543.jpg
    20151008_202543.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 113
Nice dude! Signs were the only thing Blueberry was lacking. Guess I'll have to go up there again next year just so I can review after playing the course with proper signage.

DG karma awarded. :hfive:

Also here's all the completed signs, I hope to get em nailed to the old posts today.

They look great! That will be super nice to have those up. Yea for me like namar pointed out the only thing that lacked was signage.

Just curious and maybe you said already but I might not have read, what did you make the tee signs out of or how did you make them? There are a couple courses I know that could use new signs and I would love to be able to make some but I don't know where to even start with something like that.

They look great! That will be super nice to have those up. Yea for me like namar pointed out the only thing that lacked was signage.

Just curious and maybe you said already but I might not have read, what did you make the tee signs out of or how did you make them? There are a couple courses I know that could use new signs and I would love to be able to make some but I don't know where to even start with something like that.

Thanks! All I did was go to the hardware store (I went to a large Ace), and found three sheets of wood for sale, maybe the next step above junk plywood, and had them cut onsite. They were about 4x3', and bought 3 sheets cut into 36 pieces.

The rest is handpainted. Haindpainting it was all I really knew how to do, but it still looks nice I believe and fits the "theme" of Highbridge.

Signs are in on the course! I'll post some pics of em on site after my rounds here.

Here's a couple pictures from today.

Unfortunately I couldn't pull some of the old signage off on all holes due to how badly stripped most of the screws were, and I had to put the new signage on top of it. Looks a bit odd, but I still feel it's an improvement nonetheless. Now only five more courses to go :p

Attachments

• hbhsign1.jpg
    hbhsign1.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 101
  • hbhsign2.jpg
    hbhsign2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 96
  • hbhsign3.jpg
    hbhsign3.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 91

Unfortunately I couldn't pull some of the old signage off on all holes due to how badly stripped most of the screws were, and I had to put the new signage on top of it. Looks a bit odd, but I still feel it's an improvement nonetheless. Now only five more courses to go :p

Great work, man. What paint did you use? Just wondering how long before it shows wear or fades.

that is a solid improvement. any "locals" should bag a can or two of some clear spray sealer and give those beauties a few coats of weather protection.

Thanks guys. The background dark green is spraypaint, the rest is acrylic. Now I know that sounds like it would fade quick, but my home course signs have done great this summer, through hot sun, storms, wind, rain, etc.

But I would like to protect it somehow. How much is that sealer you mentioned namar? Can it be found like at walmart or somewhere similar?

Also I plan on starting the process for another course tomorrow, not sure which though, thinking Woodland.

Thanks guys. The background dark green is spraypaint, the rest is acrylic. Now I know that sounds like it would fade quick, but my home course signs have done great this summer, through hot sun, storms, wind, rain, etc.

But I would like to protect it somehow. How much is that sealer you mentioned namar? Can it be found like at walmart or somewhere similar?

I would think some spar varnish would do the trick. A few coats would do wonders.

I've seen some UV-resistant Krylon acrylic coating at Menards for $5-10, I'm sure it or something similar is stocked at Wally world. As Stardoggy said, some spar varnish would also work really well. If you have Paypal, pm me your info and I'll send you some bucks.

Okay guys thanks for the input, and the monetary offers as well, you guys are what makes DGCR great!

KICK A$$!!! :hfive:

Bought some Clear Enamel Coating spray from Walmart yesterday, and I'll apply that to the Blueberry signs Friday to protect them from the elements. Next 18 signs have begun, got em all sprayed dark green this morning, fairways will be painted in tomorrow, I think I'll get Woodland Greens knocked out next.

In other news, John got ahold of 9 Lightning DB 5's from somewhere for the back 9 of Bear. They're the portable ones, so it will be interesting to see how they work on that course, especially since the front 9 are different baskets. Kind of bothers me with my OCD attributes, but whatever. My local ski hill course are DB 5's, and they actually catch very well, despite being single chained. Not sure if they are in yet, but I hope so because I have to give Bear a shot this Friday before winter hits.

I just saw a post from Abby that she is leaving Highbridge and she threw in a blast on John as a corrupt man. Why does this keep happening?

Latest posts