• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Make sure to hit Lakewood Hills if you haven't been there. Vastly underrated, IMO.
Definitely on the list. We've played all of the 'good' MSP/STP courses on past trips so hoping to branch out an find a couple of the less talked-about ones.

I figure I'd update; Bear should be signed (desperately needs signage more than others lol) Friday morning.

In other news there were tons of people working on courses there Saturday, dunno where John got em from but things are looking good out there; lots of happy golfers out there this weekend!

Awesome. I can't wait to play Bear. It was not up when I was there last year, but I walked the front 9 and it seemed super fun.

I figure I'd update; Bear should be signed (desperately needs signage more than others lol) Friday morning.

In other news there were tons of people working on courses there Saturday, dunno where John got em from but things are looking good out there; lots of happy golfers out there this weekend!

That was desperately needed indeed. Thank you yet again!

Any word on whether all of Bear is open or is it just the front 9 or 10 or whatever it was when I was there late last year?

That was desperately needed indeed. Thank you yet again!

Any word on whether all of Bear is open or is it just the front 9 or 10 or whatever it was when I was there late last year?

Bear is all up but still mixed baskets. Lightnings on 1, 2, and 10-18, green ghetto baskets on 3-7, and DGA's on 8 and 9.

Bear was SOOOOO wet… and unmowed. But one proceeded the other.

Yeah that wasnt fun hiking through carrying 18 signs and a toolbox and a spray can of pretective coating.

Plus I made the STUPID decision to go w shorts and sleeveless shirt. I have 100000 mosquito bites now.

Heading up to Highbridge the last week of July.

:)

Any updates to course conditions would be appreciated.

How bad are the mosquitos?

It doesn't matter. Bring extra socks and shoes. Have fun. Drink beers. You'll have a blast no matter the weather.

It doesn't matter. Bring extra socks and shoes. Have fun. Drink beers. You'll have a blast no matter the weather.

Couldn't agree more! I usually bring 3 pairs of shoes and like 15 pairs of socks when we go for 4 day of golfing! The weather couldn't ruin a disc golfers experience at the mecca.

made it up to highbridge last weekend and was supremely disappointed. there had been a rave up there the weekend before and the place looked post apocalyptic. alot of the fairways have been used for roads, enough garbage to be considered a landfill, and it smelled of sewage. we played a round at granite and decided we couldn't stay there. since we drove 6 hours to get there we did a little searching and ended up driving another hour and a half to mont du lac. mont du lac is a true 5 star discing experience. amazing camping, full bar/restaurant, and 2 amazing courses. I would strongly suggest picking another spot or at least get in touch with someone who has been there very recently

Yeah, I called John the other day just to make sure everything was still set for my trip at the end of the month and he sounded kind of upset about how the place looked in the aftermath, and said he's been really busy working to get it cleaned up. Here's to hoping it's in good shape by the 24th.

made it up to highbridge last weekend and was supremely disappointed. there had been a rave up there the weekend before and the place looked post apocalyptic. alot of the fairways have been used for roads, enough garbage to be considered a landfill, and it smelled of sewage. we played a round at granite and decided we couldn't stay there. since we drove 6 hours to get there we did a little searching and ended up driving another hour and a half to mont du lac. mont du lac is a true 5 star discing experience. amazing camping, full bar/restaurant, and 2 amazing courses. I would strongly suggest picking another spot or at least get in touch with someone who has been there very recently

Came here to ask about this after seeing the course condition update on Gold. Looking to make a trip up that way this summer, but I can't justify nearly 12 hours of driving unless I know that all the courses are at least playable.

Latest posts