• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

I was wondering...but I didn't want to just start trolling around the property asking "Hey, are you Heavy Critters?". I feel like that would have been awkward, to say the least. You guys seemed to be having a good time (even though you pushed that one guy out!).

BTW, your dog at my cheeseburger. I swear, I put it down for one second...for an old dog, he's quick. Damn rotten fleabag.

LOL. Sorry about that. BUT...

I'm seeing pictures on FB and people mentioning Whitetail... Is it up and running with a full 18?

I second that, although there was a LOT of stuff that wasn't exactly up to snuff two weeks ago. From what I've heard, it was much better playing by the next weekend (lack of rain, ability to mow, etc).

I'd love to play Woodland again, without the knee high grass after hole 7.

I second that, although there was a LOT of stuff that wasn't exactly up to snuff two weeks ago. From what I've heard, it was much better playing by the next weekend (lack of rain, ability to mow, etc).

I'd love to play Woodland again, without the knee high grass after hole 7.

We played Wooldland after you guys got eaten by a bear, er.... left on Sunday, and there was only one hole with knee-high grass. I think John was up early mowing Woodland.

Dangit. We played late Saturday night and had to bail because it was just too hard to find discs, even with some light. Had we known it was mowed on Sunday, we would have played it after our encounter with Mother Nature.

Although had we done that, we probably wouldn't have stopped at Sandy Point, so I'll call it a wash, and hope for better things next time I get up there, which may not be for a while. We're thinking our next trip might be up through the UP, then down towards Flip City.

So a bunch of us from Des Moines are thinking about making a pilgrimage up here in September/October. Anybody played here that late in the year and if so what are the conditions usually like?

How do you get info on the Honka House as well?

So a bunch of us from Des Moines are thinking about making a pilgrimage up here in September/October. Anybody played here that late in the year and if so what are the conditions usually like?

Goto the Highbridge website, and just give John the owner a call. He'll get you all set up.

I'm guessing you'll love the conditions up there in Sept/Oct, if John keeps everything mowed and they don't get a ton more rain. The mosquitos should be just about gone and the bear that almost devoured Stardoggy & Co will be heading into hibernation.

Plus, the weather will be much, much cooler and more bearable to play in (see what I did there).

If you go the first weekend in October, you can head about 40 minutes north to Bayfield for Applefest weekend, which is an absolute blast.

Last edited:

I go in early September every year. Best time of year to go up there fo sho.
Rain is rare. Mostly bugless. Courses are mowed and dry (still behind on some weed-wacking, depending) Bear will be playable and at its best, imo. Fall foliage! If you have 3 extra hours, hiking up to St. Peters Dome is amazing! Its a twelve minute drive away. Ashland is 20 minutes away, they have a Wally-world and 100$ motels.

Highbridge web page
http://highbridgehillssc.com/pages/PlanYourTrip

Or Call John for reservations and price quotes. He'd be more than happy to talk with you :)

Thanks everyone, still early planning but our group is looking for a road trip. We did this 5 years ago down to Vichy and had a blast (like 20 of us from Iowa went) and camped for the weekend and played the tournament down there at the time (some interesting memories for sure).

If you have 3 extra hours, hiking up to St. Peters Dome is amazing! Its a twelve minute drive away.

QFT...although I dispute the "12-minute" claim...on those old forest roads, it took me closer to 30 minutes, though it is probably only 12 miles (unless you know some secret route I was unaware of!).

I'm guessing you'll love the conditions up there in Sept/Oct, if John keeps everything mowed and they don't get a ton more rain. The mosquitos should be just about gone and the bear that almost devoured Stardoggy & Co will be heading into hibernation.

Plus, the weather will be much, much cooler and more bearable to play in (see what I did there).

If you go the first weekend in October, you can head about 40 minutes north to Bayfield for Applefest weekend, which is an absolute blast.

Clever. I still look over both shoulders every time I walk past any spot that has more than two trees in a city block.

QFT...although I dispute the "12-minute" claim...on those old forest roads, it took me closer to 30 minutes, though it is probably only 12 miles (unless you know some secret route I was unaware of!).

Hmmm, your Helicopter must be steam powered?
Okay, 23 minuted if you cut down Wildcat Rd. But I'm just making that up :D

:D

Say, is your avatar a pic from the peak of the dome? It's too small for me to say for sure!

Yes indeedy. I didn't end up throwing the disc into our National Forest, though it was really tempting. It would be the best Top of the World hole, provided your DG bag had straps for a hang glider or something :)

anyone played the night course with the bonfire hole?

A few years ago. My arm was dead from the 72 holes earlier in the day, so (un?)fortunately, the bonfire was not in play. A shame too...John had that thing so cranked, you could probably see it from Wausau.

Latest posts