• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

The "Crown Jewel" was a combo of all the courses I believe, where you play around the rim of the whole hill. John wanted me to make extra signage for just that.

Ohhh....That sounds super awesome actually - I'm so doing that next time I am there. Was it still supposed to be 18?

There's a few combos written on the wall in the clubhouse as well. I remember a BB/Gold combo that's on the left wall after you walk in. Sounded fun.

Guesses at Crown Jewel:

19 holes
BB 11-12
Granite 13-14, 9-10
Bear 12-15, 18
Gold 8-18

28 holes
Gold 6-13
BB 4-12
Granite 13-14, 9-10
Bear 12-18

Here's the map - tough to find a loop through all of them that doesn't involve going way out of your way...
https://www.highbridgehillssports.com/the-courses/

I think it started w BB 1-3, then Gold 14-18, then some Bear, then jumping to Woodland, then jumping to Granite (guessing that would be going from hole 7 WG to hole 7 Granite).

Rough guess, but I believe it started exactly with those holes on BB and Gold.

I think it started w BB 1-3, then Gold 14-18, then some Bear, then jumping to Woodland, then jumping to Granite (guessing that would be going from hole 7 WG to hole 7 Granite).

Rough guess, but I believe it started exactly with those holes on BB and Gold.

I like this idea cuz it keeps you close to the clubhouse for when your cart inevitable breaks down.

From HBH's website:

What 9 hole? I know there was a course called "White Tail" somewhere - maybe that was the 9 holer. On Woodlands you can see one of the white tail fairways with a tire swing on it. Hole 9 maybe? Whichever hole has the slightly elevated teebox that's all grown over.

And what are these other combos? I know you can easily make 2 Bear/Woodlands combos, switching over at hole 10 or 11. But looking at the map I can't figure out what other combos are possible - gold is pretty isolated from the others.

There's also a sign in the clubhouse that mentions a course called "Crown Jewel" - idk where that would have been.

White Tail was removed . . . in fact I don't think it was ever completed. I found 7 baskets at one point and they were headed down the east ridge between Bear and Woodland and I think it was supposed to go down near John's house and back up somewhere. To be honest it wasn't a safe course because it seemed to overlap other courses in a few areas if I remember correctly.

God I hate all this talk on here. Getting more and more bummed that our trip had to be cancelled thanks to the wonderful scheduling skills of John. It's alright though as now I'm going to get to experience BRP and VQ instead!

Well you sold us on the crown jewel! Our championship round will be....
Crown Jewel:18 holes

Nice! That seems like it's probably pretty close to correct. I guess I was trying to find a way to get Gold 8 in there bc it seems like it should be if it's the "Crown Jewel" of HBH.

But getting to 18 Gold makes getting to Woodlands and Bear much easier than through Granite like I was thinking it was.

Can somebody clarify the legit spots to camp there. Heading to highridge for 25-27th and am hoping for no suprises. Hoping to camp somewhere near the "actual courses" and not by chestnut. It would be nice not to have to be driving back and fourth.

Can somebody clarify the legit spots to camp there. Heading to highridge for 25-27th and am hoping for no suprises. Hoping to camp somewhere near the "actual courses" and not by chestnut. It would be nice not to have to be driving back and fourth.

Until they get the permits and whatever they need, the only legit spots up by the courses are on property John owns. That is the Honka, the clubhouse, the 2 burnt cabins, and I believe the parking lot (I asked the zoning guy when he talked to us and he said he thought the parking lot was ok). You could just set up your tents on the back far corner of the parking lot - it's huge now and all woodchips. Or even if you're not in the Honka, whoever is probably wouldn't mind you setting up in the yard there.

He also owns some small areas out on Gold and maybe elsewhere, but you probably don't wanna camp there either.

Or just camp wherever and hope no one comes to kick you out, and if they do just say John hired you to help clean up after Even Further.

You have to assume that all this camping stuff will all be worked out before the Even Further fest otherwise how will they be able to have the festival?

Please keep us posted Owen on your camping as we head up the week after you.

You have to assume that all this camping stuff will all be worked out before the Even Further fest otherwise how will they be able to have the festival?

Please keep us posted Owen on your camping as we head up the week after you.

The same way they held 2 Infrasounds - illegally. That's the HBH way, yo.

Abby said they would "Take care of it tomorrow". But yeah, lol, sure.

If it wasn't sketchy, was it even Highbridge? :|

That's the thrill of it haha. Extreme disc golf, but instead of terrain navigaion and crazy shots and greens, it's more like, a crackhead could pop out of the shop and stab you, or Abby could call the cops on you!

^^^Just so everyone who reads this thread and thinks "the regulars" giving the down side are giving "valuable info"....I've never seen a crack head at High Bridge in all the years I've been going there. And Abby; for as interesting as she can be, is never going to be calling the cops on you; unless you're doing something truly terrible.

The "sketchy" is never sketchy in a dangerous way. You should just always think that you're headed there with the possibility of rustic camping. With a little "asking around" there are numerous places to camp.

*Of course, I come from a Deadhead background; so my outlook may be "just a bit different" than that of others.* :)

John sent me the Crown Jewel Layout:

Play Blueberry 1-3, then reverse tee #4 to gold 13. Then 14-18 gold make up 9. Bear 1-3, woodland 16-18 and granite 1-2...then reverse #3 granite to 18 granite! Back 9!

We're going to play this on the final day, with some variation, of our 6th annual weekend trip up to HBH in a few weeks.

The 5 trips we've made up to HBH have been great and we're planning for a great 6th.

Our group has never run into sketchiness from John. He's always been friendly and accommodating with our group.

^^^Just so everyone who reads this thread and thinks "the regulars" giving the down side are giving "valuable info"....I've never seen a crack head at High Bridge in all the years I've been going there. And Abby; for as interesting as she can be, is never going to be calling the cops on you; unless you're doing something truly terrible.

The "sketchy" is never sketchy in a dangerous way. You should just always think that you're headed there with the possibility of rustic camping. With a little "asking around" there are numerous places to camp.

*Of course, I come from a Deadhead background; so my outlook may be "just a bit different" than that of others.* :)

While you are correct, and I was joking/exaggerating, it wouldn't be impossible...

^^^Just so everyone who reads this thread and thinks "the regulars" giving the down side are giving "valuable info"....I've never seen a crack head at High Bridge in all the years I've been going there.

My buddy and I definitely had some tweekers asking for a guy named 'Dilly' (old site assistant?) when we stayed at the Bunk house all those years ago (2012 or 13). Our HBH experience actually started this thread haha and it was that moment when we said, "Head to sandy point tomorrow?". I'm looking forward to goin back to HBH in September though. All this talk of course maintenance is very encouraging! Thanks for the updates!

Smaller, and, more importantly. Older than the median age of Infrasound. The median age last year was in the mid 30s, so we knew what we were in for, and also what to do.
Even Furthur is being hosted on the campgrounds this year, and the official word is all of the courses are going to be open.

:hfive:

Can confirm, am old man raver and planning to go (pending some family medical stuff). Looking forward to the courses *almost* as much the getting to furthur again. \m/