• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

I have a group of 6 of us heading up in two weeks, we've been in contact with John via text and he's said Chestnut campground is open, courses are mowed and the place is in good shape.

He's always been good to us and this is our 6th annual trip.

Sorry I was a liar, never ended up going :/ this is the longest I've gone without going to Highbridge since I started disc golfing, like 2 months....

Got here yesterday... driving up to Chestnut campground and zero aftermath of a festival taking place here... night course and campground in pristine conditions. Played blueberry and the course was immaculate....
You can't find trash anywhere.

Checked in with John, who as usual was accommodating letting us know Bear was mowed a few days ago. Plenty of carts in good shape from Granite/Gold on Sunday. On today's agenda.... Blueberry, Bear, Woodland.

Good to hear! Got bunch of friends going there today, I'll be sure to echo their sentiments here. I'm PO'ed cause I normally don't work Sundays, but HERE I AM.....

My buddy and I definitely had some tweekers asking for a guy named 'Dilly' (old site assistant?) when we stayed at the Bunk house all those years ago (2012 or 13). Our HBH experience actually started this thread haha and it was that moment when we said, "Head to sandy point tomorrow?". I'm looking forward to goin back to HBH in September though. All this talk of course maintenance is very encouraging! Thanks for the updates!

There was a peculiar weirdness in the air. This is not necessarily a bad thing. Maybe it was the northern lights? Maybe it was the haunted go karts? Maybe the place is on an Indi- (oops) Native burial ground? Maybe it was the shifty people looking for... something. Maybe it's Maybelline.

Another incredible weekend in the books!
7 of us kicked off our 6th annual Highstakes @ Highbridge Bluberry Friday with a Champs vs Chumps match, then Blueberry/Bear/Woodland Saturday, then Granite/Gold/Woodland on Sunday before finishing with the modified Crown Jewel Championshipround Monday morning....

Crown Jewel was awesome with Blueberry 1-3, Blueberry 4 tee to Gold pin 13, gold 14-18, Bear 3,4, 17, Woodland 16 &3, and Granite 2,3,17,18.

After 5 years of no aces, we reeled in 3 with Sean hitting one on Granite #8 and myself on Woodland #16 (Sean also went in and out of the basket on Woodland 16 so he should have had 2 aces in a day plus 2 aces on same hole).

Property was perfect.... Bear and Granite were in the best shape after a fresh now....Chestnut campground was all cleaned up and we used 4 two seater carts for Granite and Gold with no issues. Abby was very helpful ensuring we had plenty of gas to make it through Gold.

The future for Highbridge looks bright.... While we all hate these raver festivals, they seem to be providing John the sustainability he needs plus, we need to give the guy a break for year 1 as it's obvious he improved the Infrasound process This year.

So FINALLY got back out there (and shot two of my worst rounds EVER), and place is looking spectacular. Played Blueberry and Gold, both were mowed to PERFECTION.

John caught up with us on hole 18 of BB and was rambling the usual, with all his visions and plans and projects, and URPA and PDGA this that, yadayada. But he did mention that even Bear was freshly mowed, so that was great to hear as well.

Was very nice to see the place looking so good, if anyone's still yet to play there this fall, you should be in for a good time :)

I hate to revive old threads, but does anyone have an update on the course or anything Highbridge related? Also if anyone has rented one of the cabins for a weekend, what was the best method of securing a cabin?

I hate to revive old threads, but does anyone have an update on the course or anything Highbridge related? Also if anyone has rented one of the cabins for a weekend, what was the best method of securing a cabin?

What cabins? The ones that burned down?

Only the Honka House is left.

Call to reserve. Confirm the reservation. Then keep calling every couple weeks to make sure you still have a reservation and it isn't double booked. Then expect it to be double booked when you get there.

Definitely this. I've seen multiple people say they had a cabin reserved, only to show up and find someone else in the cabin. Luckily for us, we managed to get the Blueberry 1 cabin without a double booking, but I think the double booking is more common for Honka House.

The best bet is to just camp in tents. Really the only negative is that you don't have a fridge. Besides that, I liked my trip there staying in a tent better than the cabins.

...though then you have to hope no police show up. Unless John has got that all sorted out. :|

Tents are cleaner then John's cabins.

The last time I was at Highbridge 5 years ago I showed up for the blueberry cabin and spent my first two hours cleaning it @midnight then I was told other people needed that cabin the next day and I was asked if I would stay and John's house I want to Ashland and bought a tent instead that was after 5 years in a row of going and proving a point to my girlfriend who had to stay in a cabin and now she had to stay in the tent as I am not sleeping in somebody's house with people I don't even know it's not a vacation when I can't lay my head down at night with peace of mind in a place that should be full of Peace of Mind

I believe the new cabin is done and renovation of the Honka House is in progress. Do not quote me on any of that though.

The last time I was at Highbridge 5 years ago I showed up for the blueberry cabin and spent my first two hours cleaning it @midnight then I was told other people needed that cabin the next day and I was asked if I would stay and John's house I want to Ashland and bought a tent instead that was after 5 years in a row of going and proving a point to my girlfriend who had to stay in a cabin and now she had to stay in the tent as I am not sleeping in somebody's house with people I don't even know it's not a vacation when I can't lay my head down at night with peace of mind in a place that should be full of Peace of Mind

Use some periods, Kerouac.

Latest posts