• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Definitely this. I've seen multiple people say they had a cabin reserved, only to show up and find someone else in the cabin. Luckily for us, we managed to get the Blueberry 1 cabin without a double booking, but I think the double booking is more common for Honka House.

Or have your group in the Honka by yourselves, only to have someone who works there invite people who were camping to come party without your permission.

The last time I was at Highbridge 5 years ago I showed up for the blueberry cabin and spent my first two hours cleaning it @midnight then I was told other people needed that cabin the next day and I was asked if I would stay and John's house I want to Ashland and bought a tent instead that was after 5 years in a row of going and proving a point to my girlfriend who had to stay in a cabin and now she had to stay in the tent as I am not sleeping in somebody's house with people I don't even know it's not a vacation when I can't lay my head down at night with peace of mind in a place that should be full of Peace of Mind

Use some periods, Kerouac.

For real. I ran out of breath reading this to myself in my head.

Thanks for the help everyone. The only reason I asked is last year we had planned on showing up but every time I reached out to confirm and give him my credit card # for a down payment (which I've been told is needed to officially book something) I never got a text/email/ anything back. Then I had a buddy try to ask and he got 1 reply until he told him he was with me then he didn't get a reply which was really interesting...
It's an interesting thing that I've heard so many bad things about John/HBH but I've personally never been screwed out of money or anything too serious. We were double booked for 1 of the days we were there, and one of the guys with us had some beef with Abby, but otherwise all has been decent for us. We love being able to wake up and play the 6-8 or however many course right there and the amenities for what we need/expect is great for our use. This place is not to be considered 5 star hotel or anything close. Just a place to "camp" but they provide a roof over your head.

To be fair, there were actual pictures of progress on Facebook regarding the Honka. Not that I think it will get completed anytime soon (if ever), but there is actual work being done.

To be fair, there were actual pictures of progress on Facebook regarding the Honka. Not that I think it will get completed anytime soon (if ever), but there is actual work being done.

Finally getting that hot tub working, huh?

Lets be real, if the hot tub was up and working would anyone actually be interested in using it knowing what they know about highbridge?

Lets be real, if the hot tub was up and working would anyone actually be interested in using it knowing what they know about highbridge?

No, but also being real, a hot tub after a long grueling day of disc golf is like the best thing ever. So I'd be tempted. But no, still no.

Haven't been up there in years. Wondering if the shower room up by the bunkhouse
still has the hole in the wall just outside of the water heater where a fella can reach
through and turn the temperature up to hot water?

Did the Bear get a redesign at some point? The hole lengths on dgcr are way different for at least a few of the holes. Are the hole details on the course page just way wrong? Apparently they are from 2012.

Hole 2 is listed as 325' Par 3, but the tee sign pic from 2009 says:

8feac11b.jpg

Hole 4 is listed as 569' Par 4, but the tee sign pic from 2009 says:

2d6754dd.jpg

Did the Bear get a redesign at some point? The hole lengths on dgcr are way different for at least a few of the holes. Are the hole details on the course page just way wrong? Apparently they are from 2012.

Hole 2 is listed as 325' Par 3, but the tee sign pic from 2009 says:

8feac11b.jpg

Hole 4 is listed as 569' Par 4, but the tee sign pic from 2009 says:

2d6754dd.jpg

It's been a minute since I've played The Bear. Fun Fact: The Bear is/was my favorite course played out of the 160ish courses that I've been to.

The hole two sign that you posted is now hole three. AMAZING hole design and hole, w/three good options off of the tee. BRILLIANT!!!

Pretty sure the same is true for hole four sign, it's now hole five?

Fun Fact #2: Current Bear Hole two is the dumbest hole on the course, and one of the dumbest tee shots of any hole I've ever played. A couple of the long tee's at O'Hauser come close. IMO

Fun Fact #3: All of the third holes, on all of the main HB courses, are effing epic holes IMO!

It's been a minute since I've played The Bear. Fun Fact: The Bear is/was my favorite course played out of the 160ish courses that I've been to.

The hole two sign that you posted is now hole three. AMAZING hole design and hole, w/three good options off of the tee. BRILLIANT!!!

Pretty sure the same is true for hole four sign, it's now hole five?

Fun Fact #2: Current Bear Hole two is the dumbest hole on the course, and one of the dumbest tee shots of any hole I've ever played. A couple of the long tee's at O'Hauser come close. IMO

Fun Fact #3: All of the third holes, on all of the main HB courses, are effing epic holes IMO!

Blueberry 2/3 are such fun shots...not often you get two decent downhill throws in a row!

Blueberry 2/3 are such fun shots...not often you get two decent downhill throws in a row!

True story!

Granite #3 another multi-option tee shot, great hole!

Gold #3 yes, another multi-option tee shot, great disc golf hole!

Even Woodland Green #3 is the strongest and best hole on that course, IMO.

Granite 17 & 18 are the reverse of BB 2&3...two decent uphill throws in a row :D

I always thought parking along Mile Rd and playing Granite starting on 10 was more fun so the climbing holes were earlier in the round. Same idea for Gold and even Blueberry.

Latest posts