• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

I will be much sad if this is true and it stays closed. But I guess I get to go to The Cities then, which is nice.

We took a cannonball run to Highbridge in 2016 when that seemed like the death rattle and had an amazing time. This is the most resilient property in disc golf, but if it's truly the end I'm really glad to have experienced it.

We took a cannonball run to Highbridge in 2016 when that seemed like the death rattle and had an amazing time. This is the most resilient property in disc golf, but if it's truly the end I'm really glad to have experienced it.
I've gotta go up to Madison soon to pick up some bikes, was really hoping to get up to Highbridge...

Never been, and now...who knows?
May never be. :(

The one thing I got from the bits and pieces I've read on DGCR: incredible set of courses that always seem to be managed poorly.

With all the recent threads about great private courses threatening to close for any number of reasons, realky makes me appreciate the wonderful ones I have made it to. Not all courses (or owners/propritors, for that matter) are created equal.

Last edited:
He did post this on a Facebook thread early this morning:
John Jokinen To have the facts straight.. there are no problems with the courses. Pristine. We have a dumpster coming Monday for infra sound refuse. Even tho not near the courses...a "health hazard". The road bans we're just lifted Thursday on our roads. The quickest I can get a dumpster is Monday. .after 15 years I now have to license my home and cabins we are building plus pay for porta potty permits. There is more to it all but I can only do so much so fast! Appreciate all the support! I wasn't given any written warning. They had a meeting Friday a.m. at my door at 3.

Thanks for posting Chuck. Should be interesting to see how this all plays out.

:popcorn:

From what Chuck posted that John said on FB, this sounds like typical HB nonsense to me. I'm not overly concerned that we will be turned away in a month.

He did post this on a Facebook thread early this morning:
John Jokinen To have the facts straight.. there are no problems with the courses. Pristine. We have a dumpster coming Monday for infra sound refuse. Even tho not near the courses...a "health hazard". The road bans we're just lifted Thursday on our roads. The quickest I can get a dumpster is Monday. .after 15 years I now have to license my home and cabins we are building plus pay for porta potty permits. There is more to it all but I can only do so much so fast! Appreciate all the support! I wasn't given any written warning. They had a meeting Friday a.m. at my door at 3.
Of course, anything Johnny says at this point is complete BS. My sources tell me he's been warned repeatedly by the county and just blew it off like everything else he does. Infrasound is probably just now realizing that they're dealing with a con man and a weasel, and I assume that Johnny will screw them too.

I just got a note a few hours ago that Highbridge was closed today by the Ashland County Health and Human Services due to lack of building permits and piles of trash on the property. No further information from the ticked off players who traveled from Austin, MN to play and were turned away.

You got to be jokinen me ! :)

Nothing has been mowed. Most of the trash is from Infra '16 and got hidden outta sight in the field behind the campground. Infra never cleaned up their own mess but it will be taken care of by the time they come back. I wouldnt be surprised if they werent behind this shut down in some fashion.

Latest posts