• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

With this picture one would ASSUME it was open, I mean why post this if it isn't, but ya know, John things.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-02-10-53-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-06-02-10-53-04.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 139
We will be making our annual trip up later this month the 28th thru the 1st as well. We were booked for the bunkhouse as sadly nothing was open when we booked. Looks like there is no way that chestnut is even available to john so I'm sure we will be camping which is fine by me. Looking forward to your update before we go Roggenb3

Chestnut is still closed. The hill is open but im not sure if its completely legal yet without the insurance. John is finally mowing. The gold course has knee high grass but i think him and abby have blueberry granite and woodland mowed as of today. Guest are staying and playing at least. It looked like john might have mowed some of bear too.

Assuming it's business as usual up there, my 4th of July plans may have to shift to the Northwoods. I've heard in the past (probably in this thread) that John is pretty good about mowing if someone asks. I missed out on Bear last time, and I'd really like to hit it if a 4th trip were to happen. What's the likelihood that John will mow Bear if I reach out on Facebook and ask nicely?

Assuming it's business as usual up there, my 4th of July plans may have to shift to the Northwoods. I've heard in the past (probably in this thread) that John is pretty good about mowing if someone asks. I missed out on Bear last time, and I'd really like to hit it if a 4th trip were to happen. What's the likelihood that John will mow Bear if I reach out on Facebook and ask nicely?

Pretty decent. I had my buddy do that last year and he was finishing it up on the day we got there. It was in great shape...ya know...besides the baskets (some of Bear's are the old green homemade ones).

Pretty decent. I had my buddy do that last year and he was finishing it up on the day we got there. It was in great shape...ya know...besides the baskets (some of Bear's are the old green homemade ones).

It's a little confusing now that Abby ganked the baskets for Bear and put them on woodland greens. She let us cart on Woodland Greens so we didnt complain.

It's a little confusing now that Abby ganked the baskets for Bear and put them on woodland greens. She let us cart on Woodland Greens so we didnt complain.

Wait, there aren't baskets on Bear anymore???!? Or do you just mean there used to be nice ones, which are now on woodlands, so that's why Bear has the crappy ones? If there's no baskets I will be bummed.

Also, Abby doesn't "let" you do stuff. There are no rules at HBH, lol. I'm going to take a cart on Bear this year. I remember my first trip, Wes (one of the workers) was saying he does it, but there's just a few hole loop you have to drop the carts off and walk, and pick em up later.

If Bear was maintained properly and had good baskets, would it be another 4.5 star course?

Add better tees, baskets, signage, and upkeep, and Bear is absolutely a 5* course. Even without all those things, it's a 4*

Last edited:
Wait, there aren't baskets on Bear anymore???!? Or do you just mean there used to be nice ones, which are now on woodlands, so that's why Bear has the crappy ones? If there's no baskets I will be bummed.

Also, Abby doesn't "let" you do stuff. There are no rules at HBH, lol. I'm going to take a cart on Bear this year. I remember my first trip, Wes (one of the workers) was saying he does it, but there's just a few hole loop you have to drop the carts off and walk, and pick em up later.

Add better tees, baskets, signage, and upkeep, and Bear is absolutely a 5* course. Even without all those things, it's a 4*

Sorry for the confusion, Bear had the nice orange baskets and woodland greens had the green baskets (just like blueberry has blue, gold with yellow, granite with grey). Abby swapped them because she wanted the good baskets on the course she plays the most (woodland is the shortest), hence why I said it was slightly confusing.

You are right, she didnt "let" us, she busted us carting Woodland, proceeded to tell us that there wasn't carting on Woodland, and then joined us as we did it anyway. Haha.

You are right, she didnt "let" us, she busted us carting Woodland, proceeded to tell us that there wasn't carting on Woodland, and then joined us as we did it anyway. Haha.

Lol nice. I took one through Woodlands one morning to go retrieve a couple lost glow discs one year. It's the same as Bear - just gotta skip the couple really bad ones.

That's awesome! I assume the pro move is to remind John a week in advance, three days in advance, and then the day before we come?

If Bear was maintained properly and had good baskets, would it be another 4.5 star course?

Ya it could be. Its the longest course at highbridge while all up in the woods. You will be tempted to throw a driver because of the length but a straight midrange in the fairway is usually the best bet. Its an awesome course but needs lots of TLC

Sorry for the confusion, Bear had the nice orange baskets and woodland greens had the green baskets (just like blueberry has blue, gold with yellow, granite with grey). Abby swapped them because she wanted the good baskets on the course she plays the most (woodland is the shortest), hence why I said it was slightly confusing.

Woodland gets a lot more traffic than bear. I think it was a smart move to swap baskets but kinda confusing with the colors

Gold is longer than Bear.

Ya it could be. Its the longest course at highbridge while all up in the woods. You will be tempted to throw a driver because of the length but a straight midrange in the fairway is usually the best bet. Its an awesome course but needs lots of TLC

5 Years Gone

Holy cats! Five years ago I was a rookie chucker asking questions about the "legendary" HighBridge and it's lofty rankings on the DGCR. How was I to know this was a slowly unfolding saga full of hope and tragedy? I suppose such tales might be common in the history of privately run disc golf courses fueled by one man's wild dreams. Anyway I feel this one is special, and it is good fun to tune into this drama every so often and I thank ALL of those who keep it going be they northern locals or distant travelers on a yearly pilgrimage. I am so far away, but one day I shall return!

Latest posts