• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Just noticed an ad on CL

seeking young musicians for special long term commitment (highbridge,wi)

we are seeking young talented musicians to put together a ongoing outdoor production [summer only] for a 400 acre sports and rec complex with multiple band stands. this is a new start up venture and all 18-30 year olds are encouraged to audition. we will form a large house band consisting of horns and back-up singers and sound and video production team that will play every weekend at the complex. the performances are play/pay. this will take alot of work and ambition and rehearsing time to prepare for 2019 seasons 56 perfomances. for more info e-mail us thru craigslist or to make an appointment for an audition call tony at show contact info
. for people more than 25 miles away we have on-site living arrangements available. serious only please.... no quitters!!!

Guess the Go Karts will have to wait

HIGHBRIDGE HILLS UPDATE

Hello,
We have a long and complicated history with Highbridge Hills disc golf property. We have been partial owners for 18 years, limited in our ability to influence operations. At this time we are in a controlling position and working towards providing a quality disc golf experience. Difficulties have arisen from the management and abuse of the property. We are working with the county and Department of Natural Resources to restore the property to meet environmental and health and safety requirements. The negative comments are not without merit. Infrasound and other events held on the property are important parts of maintaining a successful disc golf business. We sympathize with your frustration and ask for your patience. As we all agree this is a beautiful property with a lot of future potential. Ann and Roger

Hello,
We have a long and complicated history with Highbridge Hills disc golf property. We have been partial owners for 18 years, limited in our ability to influence operations. At this time we are in a controlling position and working towards providing a quality disc golf experience. Difficulties have arisen from the management and abuse of the property. We are working with the county and Department of Natural Resources to restore the property to meet environmental and health and safety requirements. The negative comments are not without merit. Infrasound and other events held on the property are important parts of maintaining a successful disc golf business. We sympathize with your frustration and ask for your patience. As we all agree this is a beautiful property with a lot of future potential. Ann and Roger

Is the on-site management going to remain the same?

Hello,

Whoaaaa......wait...what? :eek: :popcorn:

Yes now I have so many questions and would absolutely love if Ann and Roger could answer some of them for us which can help us spread the word more about hbh depending on the answers...
Among them are what is the plan exactly with current management, what's the plan going forward, etc etc.

Yes now I have so many questions and would absolutely love if Ann and Roger could answer some of them for us which can help us spread the word more about hbh depending on the answers...
Among them are what is the plan exactly with current management, what's the plan going forward, etc etc.

Not to mention questions about the past, which are none of our business.

Not to mention questions about the past, which are none of our business.

I've never been one to care about the past, unless of course it is close to me, which nothing at HBH is close enough for me to completely care. I'm just curious about the future and moving forward with everything.

Is Abby staying on board? Who is actually going to "run" it/upkeep it? Will there be cabins like there used to be, upkept (hopefully better)? Just so many questions moving forward. Also no idea if that post is "real" or "fake" news, but does prevent me from putting any deposit on potential future trips/plans until further development of this news.

It's also interesting to me that after 18 years out of no where Ann and Roger want to take over and kind of fade out John by the sounds of the post...

Is there still a rift between the PDGA and Highbridge? Will the PDGA sanction events at Highbridge? Or does John not want PDGA events held at Highbridge?

Is there still a rift between the PDGA and Highbridge? Will the PDGA sanction events at Highbridge? Or does John not want PDGA events held at Highbridge?

I'm not the one to reply to this, but everything I have heard there was some huge beef before/during/after worlds was held there. I've heard it had to do with financial stuff. I don't think this question applies if John is not around because I would assume they would give new owners a chance but I guess I'm not certain on that. Also I think part of why John has been trying to start his own "league" URPA or something like that, I think to compete with PDGA.

I'm not the one to reply to this, but everything I have heard there was some huge beef before/during/after worlds was held there. I've heard it had to do with financial stuff. I don't think this question applies if John is not around because I would assume they would give new owners a chance but I guess I'm not certain on that. Also I think part of why John has been trying to start his own "league" URPA or something like that, I think to compete with PDGA.

I would absolutely kill to see a DGPT tourney out there with Jomez coverage. *DROOLS*

BUT as far as I know, it won't happen with John at the helm - whatever happened, PDGA wants nothing to do with him again (again just an assumption but very plausible). John has talked very negatively about the PDGA to me when I have asked him, and his attempt at URPA (bahahahaha) just drives that possibility almost home.

But hey, that post, man I'm allowed to have some hope haha.

I would absolutely kill to see a DGPT tourney out there with Jomez coverage. *DROOLS*

BUT as far as I know, it won't happen with John at the helm - whatever happened, PDGA wants nothing to do with him again (again just an assumption but very plausible). John has talked very negatively about the PDGA to me when I have asked him, and his attempt at URPA (bahahahaha) just drives that possibility almost home.

But hey, that post, man I'm allowed to have some hope haha.

It would definitely be fun to watch a high level event that attacks Gold, Bear and Blueberry. That would make for some unbelievable footage.

Regarding why the PDGA won't allow sanctioned events at HH. The reason I've heard given was that John did not pay for some baskets that were installed right before Worlds in 2007. John either thought that the baskets were part of some sort of deal for hosting worlds or that he felt that they should be, I'm not sure which.
Even if John goes, I don't know if the basket manufacturer and the PDGA will still hold John responsible or they may hold the management/owners of HH responsible, or if John goes perhaps they will just let it drop.
So much speculation. I really hope things turn around at HH.

Regarding why the PDGA won't allow sanctioned events at HH. The reason I've heard given was that John did not pay for some baskets that were installed right before Worlds in 2007. John either thought that the baskets were part of some sort of deal for hosting worlds or that he felt that they should be, I'm not sure which.
Even if John goes, I don't know if the basket manufacturer and the PDGA will still hold John responsible or they may hold the management/owners of HH responsible, or if John goes perhaps they will just let it drop.
So much speculation. I really hope things turn around at HH.

It's been 11 years though. Maybe someone at the PDGA could extend an olive branch to Ann/Roger and try to come to a resolution.