• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

I would relish the opportunity to manage this property. There's so much potential that could really flourish in the right hands. Hopefully these developments lead to some positive changes.

I would relish the opportunity to manage this property. There's so much potential that could really flourish in the right hands. Hopefully these developments lead to some positive changes.

I think we all probably agree, but I also think if there are not more funding outside of the disc golf funds, all the hopes and dreams and opportunity for this place is going to be very limited and I think that's the current issue going on.

That's very fair, but look at Sandy Point. I don't know the inner workings of their finances, but they at least appear to make the disc-golf-centric retreat business model work.

That's very fair, but look at Sandy Point. I don't know the inner workings of their finances, but they at least appear to make the disc-golf-centric retreat business model work.

Yeah, I was about to say that HBH needs to be closer to a major metro area for it work, but then I thought about Sandy Point.

What they have that HBH doesn't (besides good management) is a bunch of really nice cabins that are actually worth paying some $$ for.

Can't we just get the people at SP to run HBH? :popcorn:

Yeah, I was about to say that HBH needs to be closer to a major metro area for it work, but then I thought about Sandy Point.

What they have that HBH doesn't (besides good management) is a bunch of really nice cabins that are actually worth paying some $$ for.

Can't we just get the people at SP to run HBH? :popcorn:

Yeah it's a different business model as SP brings in $1600-$2000 per week on 1 cabin rental. Most of those families aren't touching that course and using the pristine lake amenities. The course is just a novelty and passion for the owner.

When I posted on InfraSound's FB about issues with John, they replied that they were working directly with Roger.

So John is apparently out of the loop on that.

Good sign hopefully.

Kudos to the owners posting on here as well.

When I posted on InfraSound's FB about issues with John, they replied that they were working directly with Roger.

So John is apparently out of the loop on that.

Good sign hopefully.

Kudos to the owners posting on here as well.

This would be great, but also to be fair while it wasn't run excellent at least for the most part all courses were mostly upkept and in playing conditions (most of the time). Now (if John and Abby are out as I doubt Abby stays if John is out) who is left to tend to the courses? Hopefully Roger and Ann get some help with everything.

Sandy point is slightly different but I see the comparisons. SP is much closer to a bigger city (especially in summer where seasonal tourism is huge in Minocqua and many people have really nice cabins / second houses up near that area so they can go up for a weekend and play a really nice course. I also believe DG is secondary for SP, but they also run PDGA sanctioned tournaments (and some non sanctioned ones) to keep the disc golfers who want competition to go play there. Cabin costs there are pretty steep and they have a few other things to do with the lake right there and the beach area they have. That place is more of a weekend vacation place for families looking for fun on some water. HBH is not that, but with the right owners/setup could offer much more than just DG to try to keep traffic up.

All in all we will have to see until Roger/Ann or John/Abby make some sort of post about more specifics we are all reacting to 1 post 1 time and don't know anything more. (It is fun to react and to dream though!)

Lol. Someone just drive by reviewed all the HBH courses. Somehow Gold gets a 3, but Woodlands is a 5. :gross:

I'd love to see a modern campground and RV park with water and electric hookups. It could help pay the bills and provide players a place to rough camp while accommodating RVers who want comfort and are willing to pay extra for it. If I could bring my travel trailer to Highbridge, I would stay for a week at a time, and probably do a few weekends too, plus attending any tournaments if they ever get back in the PDGAs' good graces, which will never happen as long as John is there.

I'd love to see a modern campground and RV park with water and electric hookups. It could help pay the bills and provide players a place to rough camp while accommodating RVers who want comfort and are willing to pay extra for it. If I could bring my travel trailer to Highbridge, I would stay for a week at a time, and probably do a few weekends too, plus attending any tournaments if they ever get back in the PDGAs' good graces, which will never happen as long as John is there.

I think the number of disc golfers owning travel trailers and motor homes is a pretty minuscule part of our demographic.

Have you been to Wilderness yet? Awesome course and the campground is first class.

I think the number of disc golfers owning travel trailers and motor homes is a pretty minuscule part of our demographic.
I disagree. Maybe not motor homes, but lots of disc golfers have pop ups, teardrops and small TTs, and a lot of tent campers want electricity at their campsites now for a variety of reasons. How many people stay in motels in Ashland when they could be staying on site if there were proper facilities? How many people with campers won't go to HB because there's no place to camp? When you're in a remote area like HB, providing on site lodging is critical to their success, be it camping or cabins. A properly stocked pro shop with camping supplies could further enhance the experience. Sell them everything they need and they won't have to go to town for anything.

Not to bring everybody's hopes down but I see John continuing to post about HBH and how great of shape the courses are in, so until we see something official or if Roger/Ann could post more detail on things, I don't think it's worth dreaming about what we could all do/change at highbridge.

Played all 4 layouts @ Wilderness on Saturday....The course is immaculate.... The hype is real. It is a special place that is arguably the best course in Wisconsin.

Couldn't agree more. LOVE that place.

Stoney Creek in Fredonia, WI is way up there for me as well.

Plus Rollin Ridge, Zobel, Silver Creek, etc.

So many great options.

Have you been to Wilderness yet? Awesome course and the campground is first class.

Wilderness is terrific, however, Wilderness is pretty close to Wisconsin Dells and just a lot closer to more cities in general. Highbridge being is far north as it is, would have a tough time generating the traffic that Wilderness does.

Couldn't agree more. LOVE that place.

Stoney Creek in Fredonia, WI is way up there for me as well.

Plus Rollin Ridge, Zobel, Silver Creek, etc.

So many great options.

Yes....I don't know who you are but that's my exact top 5 right there. I reside 15 minutes from Stoney Creek.... In time, that track will have its own thread of greatness.

Nothing was better than Gold and Blueberry in their prime.... This is our 7th year our crew is hitting HBH with absolutely no issues.... Words can't describe how perfect 2013 Gold was.

Latest posts