• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Wish I didn't live 1046 miles away. Have experience maintaining and/or building campground/cabins and love disc golf. Would love to spend a few months repairing and rebuilding.

I spoke too soon

Bank notified me today that the refund check he sent me came back as NSF (non sufficient funds) and that it didn't clear...

At this point my advice to people is avoid avoid avoid. Likely no issues if you just go day off and with all this no camping allowed anyway that shouldn't be an issue but I can't speak good things of a person/place that does me wrong.

I have no idea. But if I were Roger/Ann, I wouldn't stick any money into the property until there was a legitimate business plan in place and a competent management team to execute the plan.

*disclaimer- I live in the east coast and will likely never even lay eyes on this place*

I'm not positive of the specifics here, but when we took over the ski area I run now, it was at the behest of the land & infrastructure owners after they basically leveraged their assets and threatened to sue the operating lease holder who had ran the place into the ground, eschewing the operator's duty of care and thusly voiding their contract... or at least that's the angle they successfully took to force a sale anyways.

If Roger and Ann are majority owners and John's actions could be construed by the courts as detrimental to the property, even a wet noodle lawyer could have him thrown tf out. Likely any holding he may have could be gone after as a measure of repayment for damages to the property and business reputation- it wouldn't be the first time.

Roger and Ann if you're reading this, do not play around with John. Get a flesh-coated-razor blade-lawyer and go for the throat. It's the only way to get him out and free up the place for dedicated people to take over. Don't waste one minute. Back and forth on the internet or by any other means will only leave more time for the place to rot. My sugggestion would be to offer a buyout, and also let him know if he doesn't take it you will sue him into the Stone Age for ruining the business.

As for camping... My God what a cake walk. Sure, you'll need to handle a lot of loose ends before you can ask for approval from the state for anything, but that is not even a tough sell! We figured out a way to get the EPA/DNR to give us a path to compliance on a snowmaking pond that was operating nearly a decade into a completely ignored disconnect notice! Once the operation is back on the up & up and real human beings work there again you'll be able to get that handled NO PROBLEM. TRUST.

Last edited:
Bank notified me today that the refund check he sent me came back as NSF (non sufficient funds) and that it didn't clear...

At this point my advice to people is avoid avoid avoid. Likely no issues if you just go day off and with all this no camping allowed anyway that shouldn't be an issue but I can't speak good things of a person/place that does me wrong.

Dude... See the fact the guy sucks there is no defending that and very sorry you were screwed. This place needs so much help just reading all of this is sort of "hope" crap is like a good burning bonfire of junk. Great for entertainment but will burn out.

Wish I didn't live 1046 miles away. Have experience maintaining and/or building campground/cabins and love disc golf. Would love to spend a few months repairing and rebuilding.

Not in highbirdge. It sucks there if you were making it a job of any kind vs vacation paid fun bs which would need way more infrastructure to be sustainable even on a volunteer camp style thing if that was to be at hbh.

Last edited:
The chestnut campground failed to comply because of the trash pile, unfilled tires, and lack of clean water source within x distance from campsites. As far as I know the tires and trash have been taken care of but the water source has not. The county definitely has it out for John and rightfully so. As far as land ownership its all public information http://ashlandcowi.wgxtreme.com/

Abby and I moved most of the tires from chestnut onto Johns personal property until John called the cops on us. I spoke with a deputy who said he was threatening trespassing charges if I continued. I guess he refused to allow his mess to be cleaned up until his management position was assured, basically blackmailing the owners. Hes been dumping tires on the property for 15 years and getting $500-$1000 per load then refused to clean it up. Just another episode in the highbridge hillbillys saga. At least the "race track" on chestnut is gone so if the original layout ever gets restored you wont have to step thru tires on hole 5.

Abby and I moved most of the tires from chestnut onto Johns personal property until John called the cops on us. I spoke with a deputy who said he was threatening trespassing charges if I continued. I guess he refused to allow his mess to be cleaned up until his management position was assured, basically blackmailing the owners. Hes been dumping tires on the property for 15 years and getting $500-$1000 per load then refused to clean it up. Just another episode in the highbridge hillbillys saga. At least the "race track" on chestnut is gone so if the original layout ever gets restored you wont have to step thru tires on hole 5.

Did all this just happen? That's pretty interesting that Abby helped you move the tires, kind of confusing too.

All we need is a couple of the characters staring into a camera with a confidential tale of what they're really going to do to win this, and we've got a "reality" TV show here.

This might be the most intrigue on this website since May 2016.

I just wanted to add a little blurb...

Messaged John, he said there was money in his account just yesterday and claims will send a money order with the extra charge difference (we'll see, again no holding breath, just hoping for the best).

Also in this messaging back and forth he talked about his "future plans for HBH," I think we all know how these plans have worked out in the past. He mentioned making it much more than just disc golf, which from a strictly business aspect I get but from a big disc golfer who doesn't care about what else would be offered there i'm slightly saddened unless this means for certain keeping HBH open for some great courses.

Last thing I wanted to add is he mentioned "possibility" of adding multiple people from across the US to join business with him. Obviously I don't know what this means but if Roger/Ann are 2 of them, then John is not going anywhere and they will just join the business with John.

Wow this guy is a class A loser. That right there is not only HUGELY illegal, it's also going to cost a ton to clean up in a legit fashion. You guys need a lawyer BAD.

Real question- how has he not been arrested or had my charges pressed? It boggles my mind just how much shady **** he has pulled... and that's just what I've seen in like 10 pages, can't have even scratched the surface.

Real question- how has he not been arrested or had my charges pressed? It boggles my mind just how much shady **** he has pulled... and that's just what I've seen in like 10 pages, can't have even scratched the surface.

That has been my question for years. I know law enforcement can be corrupt and usually is, but I agree and have no idea if all that is said on here is true how he isn't in jail or how he is still running this place.

That has been my question for years. I know law enforcement can be corrupt and usually is, but I agree and have no idea if all that is said on here is true how he isn't in jail or how he is still running this place.

It is no mans land out there. Now that he is on the radar for those who give 2 cents gov. wise it wont be easier but still talking small town WI. WI alone :eek: :p

It is no mans land out there. Now that he is on the radar for those who give 2 cents gov. wise it wont be easier but still talking small town WI. WI alone :eek: :p

It's not quite the wild west like it used to be, I remember going up to that area, stopping at a bar and getting drinks to go. They put them in plastic cups and we'd be on our way. :p

I used to bartend at a bar about 10 miles from Highbridge about 10 years ago - I made many drinks in plastic cups for those who were just stopping by and wanting a rodie. I would agree with all - I love going there and we always have a blast. You just have to be ready for the weird and ride it out. A healthy amount of beer helps.

Latest posts