• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

I very ...relieved... to announce that I've negotiated an agreement to purchase Highbridge Hills from the real owners of the property.

The recovery is going to be the roughest stage.

During the transition I would strongly suggest not sending any money to anyone for anything HB Hills related

I'm super busy right now up but I'll be back.

Tom "Mountain Man" Wincse

What exactly do you mean????????

Last time I looked into it seriously, about 5 years ago, only about 40% was actually owned by John and/or his partners. Those same partners had numerous lawsuits against John (numerous of many others), and if I remember were a couple from Tennessee or something. 60% of the 300+ acres is actually privately small parcels owned by disc golfers like Tiknor, Bolchen to name a few.

Any which way you slice it, Tom if you really work out a deal and John is out, give me a call. I'm interested in partnering or investing, and I'm back in Marquette MI.

What exactly do you mean????????

I know, right!!!

Last time I looked into it seriously, about 5 years ago, only about 40% was actually owned by John and/or his partners. Those same partners had numerous lawsuits against John (numerous of many others), and if I remember were a couple from Tennessee or something. 60% of the 300+ acres is actually privately small parcels owned by disc golfers like Tiknor, Bolchen to name a few.

Any which way you slice it, Tom if you really work out a deal and John is out, give me a call. I'm interested in partnering or investing, and I'm back in Marquette MI.

Hi Tim. Maybe this is what it's gonna take to finally get you down to meet me at The Tailings? I've been dying to show you what we've done to your baby. I also need your input on some alt pin positions we're discussing. :)

Let's just say things have changed since the last conversation we had about buying HB. I'll call you and we'll set something up.

I sincerely apologize for the frustrating flow of information you're experiencing.

That's not how I do business. However, when you acquire a business, you aquire what's there. The upside is , it's much easier to improve a cluster****, than it is to improve a well run business.

I can promise you that things are going to get worse before they get better. Recovery stage.

I can also assure sure you that I've recruited an All Star team to help me with this. It took an All Star Team to get to this point! I've also got an ALL Star group of friends that have flooded me with offers to help. I love you guys.

I've also been overwhelmed with all the support and offers of assistance from people I've never met. Yet.

My honest assessment of how this is going would be that things are going better than my initial expectations, going in.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Tom

Can you offer a timeline? Not on restoration, but on making it a done deal so you can get started on restoration. Normally anything involving real estate takes months to close, even if simple, and this sounds like it's far from simple.

You've got some people fired up and some of us intrigued. Your business is, of course, your own business. Spare the details, but you might want to offer advice on how much patience HBH fans should have.

Great news, Mountain Man! Thanks for your efforts to keep this place going.

I was kicking myself for not making the time to get up that way and play the Highbridge courses. Looks like I'll get another chance.

Hopefully it's not allowed to be there and trash the Property again.

I feel like the mess was due to poor management and planning combined with a rare weather event.

Infrasound provides a secondary source of revenue that may be needed to keep the place running. Didn't John sign a multi-year contract with Infrasound? Not sure if that would carry over to the new property owner. Probably depends on how the contract was written.

Infrasound gets in line to sue John. The county kind of put the kibosh on the whole thing anyway when they disallowed camping.

I don't think they fully disallowed camping, just put some requirements on it in terms of bathroom and water availability that John didn't want to meet (cause they would have cost money).

I think if it can be done to keep the damage off the courses, music festivals are a great source of income, and should be pursued. Just put on the calendar far in advance so people coming for golf can see it and plan around it.

I once again do sincerely apologize that I cannot give people more information. Like I mentioned, this is not how I like to do business. But I'm not going to put anything out here unless I'm positive that I can deliver. To me, anything else is lying, and I WILL NOT DO BUISINESS LIKE THAT.

I can tell you that I've been hired as Chief Head Of Security. I've had great success filling security staff positions This allows for work to begin immediately and continue through the transition process.

Our initial focus with be getting the courses open for play. Soon as possible.

As far as anything else - there is nothing else at this time.

Work started the day I read that John had pulled the baskets. Work on the property starts tomorrow.

I need to ask for two huge favors , if I may?

First, I want to hear from everyone that has had their HB dreams turned into a nightmare. Please contact me. You are the people we most want to help. Please contact me.

Second, keep ALL of the suggestions coming in this thread. Please. They are all very valuable to us. Thanks in advance.

Another thing I'd like to add is that the work that has gotten us to this point was not done by me alone. I had to give two individuals a blind sided super punch to the gut, to get their attention.

But once they caught their breath, they rolled up their sleeves and dug in and they are just as responsible for this rescue as me, if not more so. Wouldn't have done it without them. Couldn't have.

There is an I in team, this time!

Tom

I once again do sincerely apologize that I cannot give people more information. Like I mentioned, this is not how I like to do business. But I'm not going to put anything out here unless I'm positive that I can deliver. To me, anything else is lying, and I WILL NOT DO BUISINESS LIKE THAT.

I can tell you that I've been hired as Chief Head Of Security. I've had great success filling security staff positions This allows for work to begin immediately and continue through the transition process.

Our initial focus with be getting the courses open for play. Soon as possible.

As far as anything else - there is nothing else at this time.

Work started the day I read that John had pulled the baskets. Work on the property starts tomorrow.

I need to ask for two huge favors , if I may?

First, I want to hear from everyone that has had their HB dreams turned into a nightmare. Please contact me. You are the people we most want to help. Please contact me.

Second, keep ALL of the suggestions coming in this thread. Please. They are all very valuable to us. Thanks in advance.

Another thing I'd like to add is that the work that has gotten us to this point was not done by me alone. I had to give two individuals a blind sided super punch to the gut, to get their attention.

But once they caught their breath, they rolled up their sleeves and dug in and they are just as responsible for this rescue as me, if not more so. Wouldn't have done it without them. Couldn't have.

There is an I in team, this time!

Tom

I'm 1500 miles away but have followed this entire thread out of a kind of morbid curiosity.

This is like some happy ending from out of left field type stuff.

Thank you, and good luck. I hope you make the courses great again and I can visit one day.

Exciting Announcement

Finally, I've got some exciting news that I can share with you....

I am super excited to be able to announce and introduce some new additions to our Team...

Cole Michael Jonas PDGA# 82637 is our new Course Pro and Pro Team Member

Adam Hammes PDGA# 57365 is our new Pro Team Captain and Team Manager

Aaron DeVries PDGA # 62322 is our new Pro Team Member

These young men are the future of disc golf and I could not be more proud or happier to have them join our Team

That's all for now.

LET'S GO!!!

Tom

Last edited:
Wow that's amazing. After years of nothing, everything is moving so fast! I'm so excited for HBH to eventually reach its potential.

Congrats to Cole, Adam, and Aaron!

The Phoenix Will Rise From The Ashes

Disc golf is BACK at The Mecca!!! Played a round with Slick today. Played the new Rescue layout, a one hole object course. Greatest round I've ever played in my life <3<3<3

Can't be precise, but it won't take long to get The Mecca open for play. I can tell you that our new Pro Shop and Tournament Manger is putting the finishing touches on our Spring Opener B Tier in April.

I'm super stoked to be able to announce that Mr. Chuck Kennedy is our new Chief Of Course Design and Etc. Welcome to the Team Chuck :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: I love you man.

I also want to welcome Steve Kuzenski from Disc Golf 365, our new Pro Shop and Tournament Manger

Rescue stage complete. Recovery stage begins NOW

Tom