• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

I just don't get it from this perspective - how profitable was disc golf for John? Is this all about reputation?

I don't think anyone understands the motivations of JJ.

I want to play his new courses though. Anyone know if they are his own designs? That'd be interesting.

JJ's big claim to fame is to never have played disc golf in his life. I doubt I'd want to play anything he 'designed'...

Also, JJ can stay the F*** out of Washburn. :thmbdown:

Spent Memorial Weekend at Highbridge. Couple of things, the Whitecap Resort in Upson, WI is amazing. Consider checking that place out for lodging. They treated us right. Big rooms, decent continental breakfast, and very affordable. They are also currently working on a 9 hole? disc golf course that could be pretty cool.

Every course is pretty wet right now but that's to be expected as the entire region is currently water logged as hell. Several volunteers were out all weekend mowing, weed whacking, and maintaining the roads. Blueberry was in the best shape of the three courses that were open (Blueberry, Gold, Woodland). Maybe Bear was open but we didn't bother with that one for obvious reasons. Over the weekend we probably saw 5 other groups golfing. We pretty much had the courses to ourselves!

This was my first time to Highbridge but the group I went with has been going there since 2004 or so. They noticed several holes where rampant tree growth had limited some lines and such but the fairways were clear and free from severe impediment.

As we were leaving on Monday we noticed that Granite was being mowed but there were still no baskets on Granite.

Obligatory JJ comment: sometime in between Saturday Afternoon and Sunday Morning "someone" went out to the course and pulled a pallet and an inflatable tube onto the tee pad at Hole 3 on Blueberry, and they kicked over the bench next to the tee pad. Stay Classy!

Obligatory JJ comment: sometime in between Saturday Afternoon and Sunday Morning "someone" went out to the course and pulled a pallet and an inflatable tube onto the tee pad at Hole 3 on Blueberry, and they kicked over the bench next to the tee pad. Stay Classy!

Hole 3's teepad is on JJ's land unfortunately.

Now I am just imagining Johnny running around the grounds trying to sabotage everything, lol.

That's exactly what he is doing. He ripped the anchors out of the ground on Blueberry, rolled tires into a pond, cut water pipes, broke the electric meter, put tape around his property, and now this.

During the first year maybe month? I went searching for the course and ended up at the Mellen C.C and asked about the new disc golf course. The locals at the golf course warned me about JJ. They had talked about how he was a crook and mishandled everything he touched. They nailed that on the head.

Now I am just imagining Johnny running around the grounds trying to sabotage everything, lol.

We really should have started a gofundme to get History Channel or someone out there with some reality TV cameras back before it all blew up.

There's gold in them hills. Comedy gold.

I envision him looking like Bill Murray trying to blow up the gopher in Caddyshack.

I envision him looking like Bill Murray trying to blow up the gopher in Caddyshack.

Yeah, all decked out in camo, sneaking through the woods, lol.

I know it sucks for the people at HBH but I find this all hilarious.

Next John is going to set up some elaborate ghost pirate hologram a la Scooby Doo to try to scare everyone away. :D

Out of curiosity. If the teepad is actually on John's land and he doesn't want folks trespassing, how is that supposed to work?
I was wondering the same thing. How much of the courses as currently designed are on land currently owned by John?

part of a book of faces post by MM,

…..I need to apologize for the problems we are having on holes 3 & 6 on Blueberry, and hole 12 on Gold. There are 24 privately owned lots in our Highbridge Hills "sub-division" The courses are designed and laid out in a way that some of the holes play across some of the lots. "For the good of the greater good of the whole" has always been policy, and no lot owner can hinder play or obstruct fairways, tee pads, or greens. Seems ironic to me that the person who set things up like this is now trying to cause problems for us. However, you can be assured that our HOA Team is working on the solution and resolution of this matter.
I also want to apologize for all of the No Trespassing signs. They are up for only one person, they are not up for disc golfers....

Yeah, all decked out in camo, sneaking through the woods, lol.

I know it sucks for the people at HBH but I find this all hilarious.

Next John is going to set up some elaborate ghost pirate hologram a la Scooby Doo to try to scare everyone away. :D

And he might get away with it too if there aren't any meddling kids...

According to JJ - New location. 20 miles north. Highbridge Hills. Though the courses names have apparently changed now to "The Pines" and "Aspen Run" with either 18 or 21 holes depending on how you play. The course appears to have several groups playing today with plenty of new pictures that look like a mostly wide open golf course. Cabins, camping, clubhouse with food and beverages available.

Personal preference - quality over quantity!

Latest posts