• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Making progress on bringing camping back:

ddf0a333b0629e55d4e6829dc3608ee5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the original tee sign files that were color laser printed on outdoor Tyvek type material. Attached is a low-res view of Blueberry 2. I can provide those PowerPoint graphic files to someone working there willing to update and print them when the timing is right.
That would probably be me I guess, I've been mostly working on cleanup but I want to start mapping the courses on Udisc starting next week. Course navigation is a big problem at the moment and any signs would help us tremendously, especially with so many mismatched and misnumbered baskets and missing tee signs. I also need course maps that I can print so I can navigate through the courses for maintenance. I've been lost several times because I had no idea what course I was on when mowing wooded fairways.

That would probably be me I guess, I've been mostly working on cleanup but I want to start mapping the courses on Udisc starting next week. Course navigation is a big problem at the moment and any signs would help us tremendously, especially with so many mismatched and misnumbered baskets and missing tee signs. I also need course maps that I can print so I can navigate through the courses for maintenance. I've been lost several times because I had no idea what course I was on when mowing wooded fairways.
I just sent MM the scorecards and course map files. PM your email and I'll see about sending the hole map files.

I just sent MM the scorecards and course map files. PM your email and I'll see about sending the hole map files.
Thank you very much sir, that will make a huge difference for me being the rookie and navigating the megaplex efficiently, and for players unfamiliar with the layout of the various courses. The progress Tom and Brandon have made is just staggering, I hope you get a chance to visit and see for youself how completely dedicated they are to Highbridge Hills.<3

An unfortunate development... From MountainMan's Facebook.

"The future of disc golf at Highbridge Hills took a punch to the gut today. It is with deep regret that I have to announce that the Ashland County Sheriffs Department notified me that one of our private lot owners does not want any disc golf operations or disc golfers on any of his property anymore. Any violation will be considered trespassing, and handled accordingly.

Because this person controls 5 of the 24 lots in our sub-division, this action affects Gold holes 12 & 13, and Blueberry Hill holes 3, 6, 7, & 8. Faced with the choices of either closing Gold and Blueberry Hill, or redesigning the courses/holes in question, we've decided to try and go with a redesign.

Gold and Blueberry will be playable but under construction during the week, and our goal is to have the new layouts completed and open by the 4th or 5th of July. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience that this may cause.

If any of our season pass holders would like a refund due to this new development, please contact me. Thanks. Tom."

Hopefully the redesign goes well. Stinks that one of the private land owners wants no disc golf operations on his property. I have no idea what would have led to this individual making that decision.

An unfortunate development... From MountainMan's Facebook.

"The future of disc golf at Highbridge Hills took a punch to the gut today. It is with deep regret that I have to announce that the Ashland County Sheriffs Department notified me that one of our private lot owners does not want any disc golf operations or disc golfers on any of his property anymore. Any violation will be considered trespassing, and handled accordingly.

Because this person controls 5 of the 24 lots in our sub-division, this action affects Gold holes 12 & 13, and Blueberry Hill holes 3, 6, 7, & 8. Faced with the choices of either closing Gold and Blueberry Hill, or redesigning the courses/holes in question, we've decided to try and go with a redesign.

Gold and Blueberry will be playable but under construction during the week, and our goal is to have the new layouts completed and open by the 4th or 5th of July. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience that this may cause.

If any of our season pass holders would like a refund due to this new development, please contact me. Thanks. Tom."

Hopefully the redesign goes well. Stinks that one of the private land owners wants no disc golf operations on his property. I have no idea what would have led to this individual making that decision.

When I read Sheriffs dept I thought MM was in jail from the aforementioned post... sigh. When life gives you lemons make lemonade... good luck on the redesign.

We've been talking about having to do a redesign eventually in the event that a landowner goes rogue so it's not really a surprise. It will throw the mowing schedule off for a few days and there are so many things that could be accomplished instead, but the redesign will be done in a thoughtful and professional manner. This is NOT a game changer, just another bump in the road.

JJ is operating his illegitimate Highbridge Hills course with misappropriated baskets at Lake Superior View Golf Course in Washburn. I just visited their FB page and let them know why I will never play there. Perhaps everyone should do the same. Don't be mean, just explain why you think they should reconsider their deal with a known criminal con artist. Explain how the consequences and repercussions of a barrage of bad reviews can have a devastating effect on a popular golf course.

JJ is operating his illegitimate Highbridge Hills course with misappropriated baskets at Lake Superior View Golf Course in Washburn. I just visited their FB page and let them know why I will never play there. Perhaps everyone should do the same. Don't be mean, just explain why you think they should reconsider their deal with a known criminal con artist. Explain how the consequences and repercussions of a barrage of bad reviews can have a devastating effect on a popular golf course.

I don't really see the point in sabotaging what he is doing in Washburn. Why stoop to his level? It's probably better that he is busy with another disc golf course 30 minutes away, otherwise he would be causing even more problems for you at the real Highbridge.

The redesign of Gold and Blueberry is exciting. How many holes are being redesigned? Enough to relist the courses on DGCR?

Let's hold off on any bad reviews, I've been talking to LSVGC this morning and they are very concerned about my review and want to talk. I've pulled my review temporarily until this is resolved. I thinks it's a case of Johnnie victimizing yet another business to fill the black hole inside of his non-existant soul. Thanks everyone, the redesign starts today.👍

Let's hold off on any bad reviews, I've been talking to LSVGC this morning and they are very concerned about my review and want to talk. I've pulled my review temporarily until this is resolved. I thinks it's a case of Johnnie victimizing yet another business to fill the black hole inside of his non-existant soul. Thanks everyone, the redesign starts today.&#55357;&#56397;

I'm gonna miss them Blueberry holes, and Gold 12, but it definitely still is exciting. Is MM heading up the design or is Chuck involved too/at all?

If I were to come play this weekend, what courses would all be playable?
Granite and Woodland Greens are unchanged and playable. Probably need to skip 12 thru 14 on Gold going from 11 pin to 15 tee for good flow but MM will be working for a temporary patch that might provide three temp holes in there for a full 18. Not sure how fast that will happen. Blueberry will have several holes out of commission for awhile which also disrupts the flow. Ask MM for the temp routing on that one if you come to play.

DO NOT start writing bad reviews for Lake Superior View Golf Course in Washburn (where DG course JJ setup), do not hurt their business.. they are probably honest hard working people and dont know exactly what they got themselves into with JJ putting a disc golf course on their property. I know for a fact others have contacted them and explained their experience with JJ already so its totally on them if things don't go well there, they have been warned already.

what an embarrassment for disc golf to the state of Wisconsin, sad to say i live in this state. Glad im moving soon.

F
DO NOT start writing bad reviews for Lake Superior View Golf Course in Washburn (where DG course JJ setup), do not hurt their business.. they are probably honest hard working people and dont know exactly what they got themselves into with JJ putting a disc golf course on their property. I know for a fact others have contacted them and explained their experience with JJ already so its totally on them if things don't go well there, they have been warned already.

what an embarrassment for disc golf to the state of Wisconsin, sad to say i live in this state. Glad im moving soon.

Hey, way to focus on a tiny representation of disc golf as a whole in Wisconsin.

This golf course could have done the most basic background check on JJ and found serious red flags from outside the disc golf world.

Latest posts