• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

i would rate WI EASILY near the bottom currently.

Does wisconsin even have a National Tour stop, or even a DGPT stop? where are all the top pros touring in WI at all of our amazing selection of courses? not that that matters, but surprising if we are really the gold standard here.

anyways it doesn't really matter, this is all just opinions anyways.. maybe i need to try the cheese curds you guys are eating :D

:gross:

do you really think you're gonna argue to some of the most experienced course baggers in the game that the faux country club courses in MN and the pitch & putt courses in CO have anything on WI?

and what do touring pros have to do with good courses? we see dog$hit courses on tour all the time cuz touring is about where the big purse is not where the good courses are. and if you know that doesn't matter then why did you bring it up?

you've played all these great courses in the last 3 years? why don't you update your courses played and name names.

A much bigger factor in bringing those big tournaments are the facilities to accommodate a large number of people. Course quality is down the list of priorities for those events.

Also, pros go where the money is. They don't have a lot of time to check out sweet courses for the fun of it.

Does wisconsin even have a National Tour stop, or even a DGPT stop? where are all the top pros touring in WI at all of our amazing selection of courses? not that that matters, but surprising if we are really the gold standard here.

where are all the top pros touring in WI at all of our amazing selection of courses? not that that matters, but surprising if we are really the gold standard here.

No they aren't DGPT courses, but Adam Hammes and Cale Leiviska have played the Lake Superior Open at Mont Du Lac in the recent past, and both are forces to be reckoned with on the national tour.

Being from Kansas I have only played 2 courses in Wisconsin those being Token Creek and Capital Springs. Of the 162 courses in 13 states I have played those are two of the most beautiful and professionally run DG courses I have played. Good on you Wisconsin. Hoping to make Highbridge Hills mid October weather permitting.

Haven't played HH yet. But I will say this, living along the Mn Wi border, I feel damned lucky to be playing disc golf out here. I've passed on moving back to someplace I could play year round due to the crap courses they've got there, and that includes and is not limited to Fountain Hills. Sorry, not sorry, but it's part of the only reason I like living here...sure as hell ain't cause of cheese curds...

'GET OUT OF MY SWAMP' - Shrek

No they aren't DGPT courses, but Adam Hammes and Cale Leiviska have played the Lake Superior Open at Mont Du Lac in the recent past, and both are forces to be reckoned with on the national tour.

Gurthie, Schultz, Barela, Hammes, AJ Risley, & Matt Bell will be at the Silver Cup.

Wysocki, Gurthie, Schultz, Matt Bell will be at the Mad City Open.

Speaking from a total picture, well rounded, quality property, updated modern championship level design, amenities as well as clean and family friendly experience, etc..etc.. i would rate WI EASILY near the bottom currently.

Especially considering many of the best courses at HH aren't entirely playable anymore and need to be redesigned to avoid private property issues. so if we cut those out of the picture and then you have to drive to RR (apparently the best single course WI has to offer) to get your feet soaked.. however, if you can look past all of that and then drive to wilderness and actually play some great disc golf then i could see how you would believe that.

have you traveled to all these destinations in the last 3 years or is this from 20+ years history that you guys are touting? in the past 3 years i have been to courses (some of which didn't even exist till 1-2 years ago) in minnesota, colorado, missouri, kentucky, and Iowa that are rating way higher than anything that has been put up in wisconsin in the past 5 years! (the exception being wilderness and i have not played whitecap yet)

anyways it doesn't really matter, this is all just opinions anyways.. maybe i need to try the cheese curds you guys are eating :D

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.....it's wrong, but it's your's. But, see the bolded part now has me believing your are just trolling for attention. :\

I think we can be done with long lie silver now or whatever he calls himself. On that top 50 cities list link on Udisc it had Racine WI as 39 I think. Racine has 1 course. 1. I'm from Racine and I love Johnson park. But Madison isn't on there and Racine is? right. Must've been another 4 person survey.:wall:

My opinions are a lie, that makes sense. Sounds more like your upset that everyone doesn't agree with you :eek:

Anyways, my local course had only 3 beer cans on it this time, so that's an improvement.

I hear the HH is really getting cleaned up so that's encouraging.

You guys make some good arguments, I suppose i could increase Wisconsin to middle of the pack :D

I think we can be done with long lie silver now or whatever he calls himself. On that top 50 cities list link on Udisc it had Racine WI as 39 I think. Racine has 1 course. 1. I'm from Racine and I love Johnson park. But Madison isn't on there and Racine is? right. Must've been another 4 person survey.:wall:

Until a couple of years ago, Racine was the black hole of disc golf in the state. There's no way it comes in before Madison, let alone top-50. Johnson is a good start, but there's just nothing else in the area and probably won't be for a while. All of the other plans that I've heard of have no legs to them at all.

Quality of courses is almost 100% unrelated to the presence of "big time" disc golf events. Masochistic tournament directors, staffing, cell phone signal, and (most of all) ability to raise funds all rate above the courses in that respect. The top pros would play in a landfill if the money is there and there is a cell signal.

Until a couple of years ago, Racine was the black hole of disc golf in the state. There's no way it comes in before Madison, let alone top-50. Johnson is a good start, but there's just nothing else in the area and probably won't be for a while. All of the other plans that I've heard of have no legs to them at all.

I totally agree with this. The only thing I could think was if they lumped Kenosha in with Racine but why not just make it Kenosha then. With Parksides 2 courses and the 3 foxes by Silver lake Kenosha represents WI pretty well IMO.

My opinions are a lie, that makes sense. Sounds more like your upset that everyone doesn't agree with you :eek:

Anyways, my local course had only 3 beer cans on it this time, so that's an improvement.

I hear the HH is really getting cleaned up so that's encouraging.

You guys make some good arguments, I suppose i could increase Wisconsin to middle of the pack :D

I was just kidding buddy. I don't care if anyone agrees with me though. What with my like 10 posts ever. You're right though, everyone has their own opinion. I totally disagree with yours but it is what it is. Also what exactly is your home course? Just curious.

Couple weeks ago i took a week long vacation to southern Missouri and played some disc golf down there (AMAZING down there by the way, well maintained and very professional, good facilities and pro shops, most the players had carts and it felt like golf course quality)
Where did you go in Southern Missouri? You can PM me if you don't want to post it. I live in Southern Missouri, so that would help me scout some places out.
we ran into a group of 4 other traveling disc golfers from Arkansas and the perception of Wisconsin disc golf to them was drama, drunk people, and a perception that we don't have our acts together, 2 of them had been to Wisconsin and they actually laughed, were not impressed at all with the disc golf they played there.
I'm originally from the U.P.; I thought the fact that we were drunk all the time was part of the charm. :|

Latest posts