• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Could someone please cut and paste the info? :eek:

The text of his post:

Dreamers also need to be realists. Due to physical limitations, the reality of my dream for Highbridge Hills has proven to be unsustainable. The property will be listed with a realtor soon. Do you know anyone looking for the most scenic acreage in Ashland County? Highbridge Hills will remain open for business until the property is sold. I sincerely want to thank everyone that was a part of my pursuit of my dream.

The text of his post:

Dreamers also need to be realists. Due to physical limitations, the reality of my dream for Highbridge Hills has proven to be unsustainable. The property will be listed with a realtor soon. Do you know anyone looking for the most scenic acreage in Ashland County? Highbridge Hills will remain open for business until the property is sold. I sincerely want to thank everyone that was a part of my pursuit of my dream.

Thanks David.

Dang.....looks like Highbridge needs to become a priority. It was slated for next year.

Maybe one of those rich mega stars of the DGPT will come save Highbridge?

Really hope that whoever decides to buy the property doesn't get rid of the courses..

Would absolutely suck if HH suffered the same fate as Black Bear in Crandon.. never even got to play that one.

"Physical limitations" seems to indicate that maybe the maintenance is too much? Sooo much work has been done out there in the past few years. I don't know what it would take to make HBH sustainable. Just a bummer.

"Physical limitations" seems to indicate that maybe the maintenance is too much? Sooo much work has been done out there in the past few years. I don't know what it would take to make HBH sustainable. Just a bummer.

Didn't MM suffer a heart attack or something similar just after buying the property?

I really wish that the sport has "grown" to the point where private courses were a sustainable entity. Not just a labor of love.

Yo, don't you be talking about ephemeral private courses until I manage to swing a SC bagging trip. :eek:

Ha, ha. Half the top-tier on my all-time-favorites list consists of extinct private courses. Ours is probably a bit more secure than most....but if a nasty novel virus had been just a bit nastier, it might be gone, too.

I'll be very interested to see what the property lists for. It's amazing terrain, but takes "middle of nowhere" to another level for the lower 48 and really doesn't seem well suited to any profitable use I can think of. My hope is some sort of DG buying group (or a wealthy DG company or individual I suppose) will come together and keep improving the property to make it the disc golf mecca it deserves to be.

Fingers crossed this turns out to be another chapter in the saga that is HH, rather than the end.

If I was a few hours closer
and had a sh!tload of money burning a hole in my pocket

I'll be very interested to see what the property lists for. It's amazing terrain, but takes "middle of nowhere" to another level for the lower 48 and really doesn't seem well suited to any profitable use I can think of. My hope is some sort of DG buying group (or a wealthy DG company or individual I suppose) will come together and keep improving the property to make it the disc golf mecca it deserves to be.

Fingers crossed this turns out to be another chapter in the saga that is HH, rather than the end.

Are any of the big Disc Mfrs located in Wisco or Minn?

Really sad to hear this, hopefully I can still get up there one day.
Every time UP MM would post on FB (which is several times a week) I kept thinking, man that looks like a lot of work!! Wishing UP MM the best in what comes next for him.

This hits in the gut. My buddies and I from the Hurley WI/Ironwood MI area are gonna be hurting from this one.... most of us have been season pass holders since MM took over the place. Just got my season pass bag tag this weekend....

If one of the big DG entities like what was mentioned earlier doesn't make a move (which I'm not expecting), I'm really gonna miss Granite and Bear. Glad I was able to get a PDGA win there, even if it was in MA3 haha.

Guess I'm gonna be buying a Sandy Point pass and focusing on some sort of improvements to Mt. Zion and Norrie park in Ironwood cause disc golf is about to get a lot dryer around these parts :'(

Consider this the next stage of the resurrection, not a death knell. Mountain Man had a five-year plan to revitalize the hill and pass it on to a younger team of dreamers with the energy to carry the Highbridge torch and make it even brighter. There have been several disc golf supportive players and families, including potential investors, that have been helping and watching the progress and it's been solidly on the upswing. There's now a clearer path for even more things to add, upgrade and maintain that's beyond the operations capabilities of one awesome man close to retirement age. So, stay positive and we'll hope the right combination of "next up" owners will come onboard before Mountain Man is completely worn out.

So my buddy and I tonight were talking about making the trip to Highbridge this fall, and we saw on the website that it seems to be closed, but there was an update of course conditions five days ago. So what's the deal? Is it closed to the public now, or is it still operating until it is sold?

Basically, is it possible that we can go and play it in September of this year, if it has not been sold?

Thanks for any insight.

So my buddy and I tonight were talking about making the trip to Highbridge this fall, and we saw on the website that it seems to be closed, but there was an update of course conditions five days ago. So what's the deal? Is it closed to the public now, or is it still operating until it is sold?

Basically, is it possible that we can go and play it in September of this year, if it has not been sold?

Thanks for any insight.
It continues to be open now through the end of this season so you can plan and make reservations accordingly. The intention is to add/transfer to new owners whose mission continues to be operating the camping and disc golf activities.