• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

I thinks he's just trying to speed up the process of luring a 4th investor. Seems weird that he would spend a month fixing drainage issues with a rented skid steer just to sell it to non disc golfers a week later.

I honest to God have the sinking feeling in my stomach like my heart was broken ever since my buddy texted me about this today. So sadness.

Guess my trip this October will be the final go round. It was fun as hell while it lasted though.

Thanks for everything, everyone. Mountain man, Chuck, all the volunteers, fellow frolfers, even John. Everyone who played a part in what is, imo, the best disc destination on the planet.

Great news!!!

I'll be heading up there in a couple weeks.

And hopefully years and years to come.

I'm not sure who's authoring this drama, but less than an hour ago, Mountain Man posted on Facebook that the course has been saved.

thanks for the update, my heart rate has gone down

can us non-FB-users get a quote of the relevant info?

thanks for the update, my heart rate has gone down

can us non-FB-users get a quote of the relevant info?

Tom Wincse
7 hrs ·
And just like that, Highbridge Hills was saved! I can't share any details other than to say that if you liked the Resurrection phase of the hill, you're going to love the Renovation phase coming up next. Business as usual for the rest of this season. Then I'm handing the keys over to the future of Highbridge Hills. This is gonna be a fun ride!
A whole lot of people put a whole lot of effort into saving the hill, and a whole lot of people looked in to what they could do to help. I really can't thank each and everyone of you enough. I do need to thank two people who went above and beyond in their efforts, and if you see them, please thank them also , because without Chuck G Kennedy and Charles Hartley doing what they did, I could not have made this happen. Highbridge Hills for life!!!

Tom Wincse
7 hrs ·
And just like that, Highbridge Hills was saved! I can't share any details other than to say that if you liked the Resurrection phase of the hill, you're going to love the Renovation phase coming up next. Business as usual for the rest of this season. Then I'm handing the keys over to the future of Highbridge Hills. This is gonna be a fun ride!
A whole lot of people put a whole lot of effort into saving the hill, and a whole lot of people looked in to what they could do to help. I really can't thank each and everyone of you enough. I do need to thank two people who went above and beyond in their efforts, and if you see them, please thank them also , because without Chuck G Kennedy and Charles Hartley doing what they did, I could not have made this happen. Highbridge Hills for life!!!

I guess one of "us" won the Mega Millions! :hfive:

I didn't intend "authoring" as critical -- more of a "fact is stranger than fiction", going back to the JJ years. If you wrote a drama with this many ups and downs, people wouldn't believe it.

Good luck to whoever decided to poor more money into the money pit. Hope it works out for them. I love that it exists. Will always have a hard time seeing it being remotely sustainable that far from most civilization. Enjoy it while it's there, fellow DGers.

Good luck to whoever decided to poor more money into the money pit. Hope it works out for them. I love that it exists. Will always have a hard time seeing it being remotely sustainable that far from most civilization. Enjoy it while it's there, fellow DGers.
Agree that it will be a challenge but some of the things planned for revenue generation beyond disc golf specifically might make it more sustainable in the long run. For example, the camping revenue has been a solid contributor since Tom took over and that will continue to improve. Establishing a pro shop with an online presence along with onsite camper supplies and food sales are some of the more obvious improvements that will help.

Mountain Man learned from the carpet and furniture stores who are always having "Going Out of Business" sales... But this was a legitimate "Crying wolf" situation.

Mountain Man learned from the carpet and furniture stores who are always having "Going Out of Business" sales... But this was a legitimate "Crying wolf" situation.

Haven't seen any Wolves,

just a few Bears...

Agreed for the most part. You live in Escanaba though, da fahq :p

Agree that it will be a challenge but some of the things planned for revenue generation beyond disc golf specifically might make it more sustainable in the long run. For example, the camping revenue has been a solid contributor since Tom took over and that will continue to improve. Establishing a pro shop with an online presence along with onsite camper supplies and food sales are some of the more obvious improvements that will help.
Do you foresee the property hosting Pro Tour events one day? If so: Do you think the courses would need to change or layouts be temporarily modified to accomplish that?

What about a large amateur tournament?

Latest posts