• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills

The Clergyman

Birdie Member
I can't believe there's no thread for Highbridge, WI. It's just 7 hours from me so a buddy and I ran down there this week for a few days of DG.
I gotta say it's pretty sweet.
Granite Ridge and Blueberry are the way to go.
Gold is LLLOOOOONNNNGGGGG and will really bend your arm but there are some suhweet holes on it though. #16 is a nice island shot.
No one played Highbridge? The world's are supposedly going to be there in 2007.
Anyhow, anyplace with 5 courses (soon to be 7) in one stop is worth your drive.

its about 8 hours away from, me and some freinds really want to go up there, but are lacking the funds at the moment, is really that good? i know i want to make the trip

While there hadn't been a thread devoted to it on this board, Highbridge has been discussed on the top ten courses thread.

I competed in the first Mid-Nationals at Highbridge held in 2005. I finished 9th in the Blue division which I was rather dissappointed in but my excuse is I was injured with a bad rotator cuff at the time.(5 out of 6 rounds shot were well below my rating at the time)

I played Highbridge Gold, Bluberry Hill and Granite Ridge, all in the longest layout. I liked all three courses. All had nice risk reward elements and a priority was placed on staying on the fairway and positioning your next shot. It was hard to pick a favorite as all three had some really nice holes and fun, challenging shots to play.

The only thing I thought that could be improved was the condition of the fairways. The grass was still spotty, especially on HB Gold when I was there and there were rocks and weeds growing in the fairways on a number of holes. I attribute this to it being a new course complex and should improve over time.

One of the strongest elements of my game is rollers, both off the tee and to get out of trouble. In 144 holes I played, I only threw three rollers. This was a large part of my game taken away due to the lack of more groomed conditions. I would expect these conditions to be improved by the 2007 worlds.

In any case these are amazing courses and I am making every effort to be able to attend next years pro worlds there. I just hope the parking and logistics are upgraded so that they'll be able to handle the volume of traffic, players, spectators and media.

Now that I think about, I think Blueberry Hill was my favorite, but Gold and Granite both run a close second.

Yes, Blueberry came out on top for me. Granite Ridge was also very, very nice. Highbridge Gold was just tiring. Well, not JUST tiring, I mean it is worth playing but there are some very long holes (one after another).
In 2006 the course still needed the grooming mentioned above. They do well considering the vast acreage of the place though.
Is it worth an 8 hour trip? Yes. You can play night golf at the camp ground, pro shop, lots of extras!

I'm excited to say that my friends and I have chosen Highbridge Hills as our disc golf trip for 2008. We will be leaving September 25 and getting back September 28. We took a similar trip last year to the Twin Cities and had a great time. I can't wait!

So what is everyone's favorite course on the complex? Anything we need to know before we get there?

rKp said:
I'm excited to say that my friends and I have chosen Highbridge Hills as our disc golf trip for 2008. We will be leaving September 25 and getting back September 28. We took a similar trip last year to the Twin Cities and had a great time. I can't wait!

So what is everyone's favorite course on the complex? Anything we need to know before we get there?

It's 200% awesome. You'll like it. The thing is the time... to play all the courses you need more then a weekend.

I actually went up there this spring/ early summer and have to say I was not all that impressed with the facilities. I figured with all the hype I'd heard it would have been top notch. It was far from it. The course I chose to play due to having my kids with me was one of the shorter courses. It was unmowed had Discatcher Travelers on lots of the holes. The signage was difficult to understand leaving us wasting time trying to figure out where the start of each course was.

Will I go back? probably, but my expectations will definitely not be as high as they initially were.

Thanks for the replies.

We are heading there on Thursday and are hoping to play at least one course after we get there. We will have all day Friday and Saturday to play before heading home on Sunday after a round in the morning. None of us are in top physical condition so we may be exhausted by then anyway so if we don't get all the courses in, no big deal.

I found a map on their website that looks like it has most of the courses on it so hopefully we wont get too lost while we're out there. Looks like it has the 9-hole course, Blueberry Hill, Granite Ridge, Woodland Green, and Gold on it. It doesn't have The Bear on it (not sure if that one's done yet.)

Can either of you Wisconsin boys recommend some local beers we need to try while we're out there?

Make sure you go to Ashland and stop by the South Shore Brewery. There Nut Brown Ale is great. Other good WI beers if you can find them up there any Tyranena I personally like the Bitter Woman.

If the South Shore Brewery has the Beer Cheese Soup available get it it is soooooo good. I got there recipe years ago when a friend of mine worked there. It is an essential part of my Packers Pre-game warm-up.

I pretty sure all of the courses were open when we were there this spring. they had maps and scorecards available for all of them anyways.

rKp said:
Can either of you Wisconsin boys recommend some local beers we need to try while we're out there?

If you havent already tried it.... look for New Glarus' "spotted cow' and 'Uffda'.

My 2 WI brewed favorites.

Also, Sandy Point Disc Golf Ranchis about an hour or so away from Highbridge, and is DEFINITELY a MUST PLAY course in WI.

If you have the time and willingness, make sure to scope it out.

Bobby12many said:
rKp said:

If you havent already tried it.... look for New Glarus' "spotted cow' and 'Uffda'.

My 2 WI brewed favorites.

The whole new glarus line is pretty great. I like "totally naked" so I can say "I got totally naked at the grocery store today" :lol:

Spotted Cow from New Glarus is a must. You can only get it in Wisconsin, so enjoy it while you can.

Gumbo said:
Spotted Cow from New Glarus is a must. You can only get it in Wisconsin, so enjoy it while you can.

Really? Then I take it for granted. I've been to house parties with kegs of spotted cow 8)

Latest posts