• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hip flexibility & strength exercises

I have nothing to add, other than I appreciate this discussion as I work through some injuries. The article posted about the "3 laws of strength" was interesting and the "force velocity relationship" was a new one for me -- it's lead to some new rabbit holes to fall down as I work through my self-taught phd on biomechanics.

Though the article about groin injury and pitching above is about preventing injury, the video in it had some interesting discussion about drive leg mechanics and ground forces in it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8XLQK7jhrI

Finally, something has been resonating in the back of my mind as I try to balance the strength and flexibility between my left and right sides is a remark from a sports physio I worked with in college on how strength increases flexibility. Since an increase in flexibility without strength results in joint instability, which leads to injury. So as we work on flexibility we should be equally if not more focused on strengthen the muscles at the same time.

It's also worth noting that it's valuable to simply move your the joints through their full range of motion daily, even if it's not "streching" per se. This will break up any junk in the sockets and remind your body how far it can move safely. Standing leg circles do a good job of this with the added benefit of some stability demands.

Just wanted to bump this great advice.

Latest posts