• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hit the hobo?

What exactly is a "Social Justice Warrior" ?

From RationalWiki:

"Social Justice Warrior" (abbreviated "SJW") is a snarl word used primarily by right-wingers on the internet (although even some hardline Maoists use the term[1]) to describe liberals, progressives, feminists, and supporters of political correctness.[2][3][4] The term is used to insinuate pretense and to label opponents as disingenuous people engaging in social justice arguments to raise their personal reputation.[5][6]

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Social_justice_warrior

We don't get too many homeless people in Tyler State Park. Every once in a while you will find some abandoned clothes near the big tree on hole 17. But besides that no one lives in that park that we have encountered on a regular basis. There aren't too many places to set up an outside residence in that park. Plus, I believe the Park Rangers are pretty vigilant in making their rounds throughout the park.

my final post on the subject:

I fail to see how I was bashing homeless people...it was not me that used the term "hobo".
I was merely highlighting the absurdity of HookNuts political correctness.

By pointing out that the world isn't fair and people are insensitive, somehow equates to me NOT having or wanting to be fair and sensitive, is a long stretch.

HookNuts, if you would like to hear about real personal responsibility; PM me and you might learn a little about how life works. I was nearly homeless just a few short years ago, 6 months behind on my mortgage payments, and trying to raise two children, with no job and no money in the bank, but you must have known that, as you seem to think you understand just who I am. (Also, during that time, I never went on any type of assistance program, I toughed it out on my own).

OTBD said:
My only qualm was equating the nom de plume "hobo" as a derogatory epithet. REAL hoboes were itinerant workers with few possessions who traveled by rail, foot or thumb to wherever the next job was. Much as blacks have appropriated the n-word for themselves, so hoboes were proud of their title. If you feel the term is negative, then your mindset is wrong. On the other hand, true hoboes are a rare breed, so the term is rarely used, replaced by something with an intended negative connotation from the holier-than-thou---"homeless".

Thank you.

So much irony in hook nuts preaching on how to treat others, while at the same time acting like an like a total nutsack. #socialjusticewarrior

We don't have any homeless people on our local course. On the near by University course there is often a student reading a book in the middle of the fairway, though. We typically just skip the hole. If it was pay to play I may feel more inclined to ask them to move.

The homeless in this area stay away from the Disc Golf courses. Most of the time when we have people on our courses, they either don't know or are soccer hooligans.
I always speak nicely and tell the people the danger. I will pull out my Rask and show them the sharp edge and let them know that the thrower may not see them and in turn injure them. Most people are surprised that we are not throwing beach style discs and tend to be interested in what we are doing.
Soccer hooligans are different matter, they tend to think they have a right to practice in the middle of our fairways. After asking them to move once, we then set up a pool. First person to hit the hooligan(s) gets an ace scored on said hole.

Here lies the body of William Jay
Who died maintaining his right-a-way.
He was right, dead right, as he sped along
But he's just as dead as if he were wrong.

Latest posts