• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

hitting an ace...

braxtynh

I hit 2 aces within 3 days of each other
what would be the "ritual" after i hit the ace?

I've heard many different things

I hit 2 aces within 3 days of each other
what would be the "ritual" after i hit the ace?

I've heard many different things

It's tradition to mail your ace discs to:
BrotherDave
1488 Maple St.
Asheboro, NC 26403

I usually cut the baskets chest open and remove the heart and while it's still pumping blood I take a bite out of it.

A lot of people retire a disc after an ace (not me), and you have to have the witnesses sign the discs, that's a must! (actually not a must, but fairly common practice anyway)...

I retire mine. But yes autographs and five dollars a head is a must!!

I have the tradition of retireing them. Therefore, I also have the tradition of buying a replace the ace disc... this is where I buy a disc that is as close as possible to the retired version. I usually try to buy the same disc, same color, same stamp color, same weight,... and if I can't find a twin, I buy the next closest disc.
DSCJNKY

I have the tradition of retireing them. Therefore, I also have the tradition of buying a replace the ace disc... this is where I buy a disc that is as close as possible to the retired version. I usually try to buy the same disc, same color, same stamp color, same weight,... and if I can't find a twin, I buy the next closest disc.
DSCJNKY

I don't really understand the point of retiring the disc. Obviously it is a disc that you are able to throw well, so why not throw it? It isn't doing much good hanging on the wall, or sitting in a closet.
Just the other day, I forgetfully walked off and left one of the 3 ace discs that I have on a hole on my local course. It hasn't been returned yet...but oh well, I have a replacement for it now and I got a lot of use out of that disc before it was gone.

retiring an ace disc, what a dumb idea. you dont go around retiring putters just because they reach the chains do ya?! Sign it w/course, hole# and date

I put all info on the back of disc and take my picture with disc and basket.

I would want to use the "ace" disc on any hole that I played that was similar, therefore I couldn't retire the disc because it would end up being like Brett Favre and not STAYING retired.

Well I just got my first Ace this past Saturday and I had everyone sign the disc along with the course info and hole #. I did retire the disc.

I am still playing with my Ace disc, but that is only because I am too poor to replace it right now. Plus there are other more pressing needs in my disc golf bag. I am not a fan of other peoples names on my disc so I write Ace: Date and then long the other info on a spreadsheet. I don't mind getting paid either but don't complain if I am too poor to pay you.

I did watch a guy Ace #2 at Eldorado earlier this week. He then also hit chains and fell out on #6 in the same round. No money from me because there is none in my wallet.

Retiring discs is kinda dumb IMO. It's like, "Hey, I just hit the bulls eye with my new 1000 dollar rifle, well, can't shoot it any more."

well I'm not retiring it for sure. i hit two aces within 3 days with the same disc. which was my champion valkerie

I don't understand all the vitriol in this thread against retiring an ace disc. You don't hear any of us who do retire them complaining about people who still play with theirs do you?

I don't really understand the point of retiring the disc. Obviously it is a disc that you are able to throw well, so why not throw it? It isn't doing much good hanging on the wall, or sitting in a closet.
Neither is a baseball trophy, a track medal, or a stuffed deer head. Much like any of those things, an ace disc is a cherished momento of a very special moment in one's disc golfing career. Understandably, if someone hits a half dozen aces a year, I doubt they're going to be as concerned with retiring their seventeenth ace disc as they would their first one.

retiring an ace disc, what a dumb idea. you dont go around retiring putters just because they reach the chains do ya?!
Of course not, unless aces, putts that land in the chains are pretty routine. I somehow manage to do it once every hole.

Retiring discs is kinda dumb IMO. It's like, "Hey, I just hit the bulls eye with my new 1000 dollar rifle, well, can't shoot it any more."
Bad analogy., because.

1. Golf discs don't cost anything near $1000. They're easily replaceable.
2. People who shoot rifles don't risk losing them in a water hazard when they do. If you hit a hole in one in ball golf with your super expensive titanium driver, I doubt you'd retire the driver as you could use it to hit even more holes in one with it without risk of loss during play,

...but you'd sure as hell would probably retire that ball, which likely can be replaced for less than $2.

I usually cut the baskets chest open and remove the heart and while it's still pumping blood I take a bite out of it.

"Indie! Indie! He's going for the heart!"

I tend you pee next to the basket to mark that have just owned the hole.

Oh wait - I have yet to get a friggin ace! :mad: Bounced one off the top of the basket on Monday - It's amazing what a difference 3 inches would have made.

(That's what she said)

Latest posts