• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hocking Peaks Pricing Policy

Sure its a lot cheaper than a dinner or movie or blah blah blah, but it is one of the last FREE hobbies out there. If the trend becomes like the park in St Paul then I will have to quit playing. I enjoy the time with my wife and kid. If all of a sudden its $24, 30, or $36 for a round, I'm done. Not to mention the fact that the park in STP took in around $12k. Do you really think that it all went back into the course? I am willing to bet that they may make 1 or 2 small improvements every year and use the rest of the money for something else, that is what the .gov does.

With that said, I would not have any issue paying at a private top level course. However it would be a once or twice a year thing.

And lastly, how many skate parks are showing up? I am sure that a small skate park is far more costly than 9 or even 18 baskets. Not to mention the huge liability.

To be fair........... the course isnt done yet, i know, ive been working on it since Russell Schwartz from Innova came and laid it out for us. every post on this forum is valid thus far, because the course isnt ready. its nowhere near where i want it to be, but its a process and the free time i do have is applied to the course. its a pay to play because it isnt a public park, like basically every other disc golf course. your taxes in that case are the pay to play. when wiz came out and played, the course was a baby and no where near finished. its only had pins in the ground since the end of june, and there are only myself and Dan Jones working on it when were not doing other numerous jobs at the park. we have atv rentals, 2 zipline/challenge courses, OGO balls (google it), paintball, go carts, the worlds largest inflatable water slide as well as disc golf to work on. we are in the process of leveling tees and bushhogging on the back nine now. i opened up problem holes so that they are more hyzer friendly and such. i agree, the prices are steep but package deals are available. signage is coming next week to direct you and tees will be completed shortly. i will repost when we accomplish more. members of the LDGA should get a discounted rate, i believe. so........ give us time before you judge too harshly. i will be a fabulous course when completed, i can guarantee that. thank you for your concerns though, i take any criticism i receive for the course seriously and pass it on to my bosses. whether or not they act on it is not my decision. for anyone who has previously played the course and was discouraged, come back in the fall and tell me what you think then.
Get them aces
Django Schwegler

Latest posts