• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 02/22/13: Flip City Disc Golf Park in Shelby, MI

i definitely want to play this course sometime...

short: beat roc or yeti
long: dx tb
cleanup: yeti

I normally throw either a champ leopard on a slight turnover that will carry into the very tip of the open area, then it's an upshot up the hill. I have NEVER seen a deuce on this hole. another thought on this one is to forehand and put it in the opening (right) and there is a lane for upshot in the woods.
There is a rock pile that will come into play (slightly) in the woods.
towards the end of the year, a ce teebird on a light flex worked better to get to the tip of the opening.

Do not know what to throw, the Boatman? i just know I need play Flip sometime this year. Maybe I will drive up in may, Eh?

* Info
I've played here about 10-15 times and I have no idea where the red tees are. There is only concrete for the white tees.

Is it the pair of rocks on the right?

I think I'm throwing an SL on a slight anny wanting it to flatten out and hover into the hill rather than catch an edge and roll back down.

buzzz from the short
FD or destroyer from the longs depending on how i feel at this point in the round

wizards to approach/ putt as needed

I play flip a lot (i live 1 hour from it). For me this hole is trickier than it looks. I should be able to flip something up into the pocket then putt in. That never happens. So now I throw straight with a disc that will fade right (GL fuse) and hope to park the bottom of the hill. Then use my soft proton ion to park the basket and tap in for a safe 3. The times that I try to go for the 2 it always turns in to a 4 -5.

Everytime I played this course, this was not one of my better holes. That being said...

Tb w/ some Anny on it.

I normally throw either a champ leopard on a slight turnover that will carry into the very tip of the open area, then it's an upshot up the hill. I have NEVER seen a deuce on this hole. another thought on this one is to forehand and put it in the opening (right) and there is a lane for upshot in the woods.
There is a rock pile that will come into play (slightly) in the woods.
towards the end of the year, a ce teebird on a light flex worked better to get to the tip of the opening.

I've deuced it several times. Comet roller :p

It has been a few years since I played there. I remember there's either a small rock garden or a pit or some kind of an obstacle that I had to get around with the roller, but once I got past that it was all good.

Last time out I had some success with a Leo on a slight anny line.

Next time, I'm thinking a nice easy turnover with the TD2.