• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HoD 5/29/19 - #4 at Flip City Disc Golf in Shelby, MI

fishballer06

Eagle Member
Today's hole of the day is hole #4 at Flip City Disc Golf Park in Shelby, MI. A little info on the course and this hole.

Description: This is disc golfing's "Field of Dreams". Beautiful course, created, and maintained by one man since 1980. simply amazing. extreme elevation changes, alt. tees. Bring bug spray in the spring and fall. Port-a-potties on site. Camping on site. Privately owned but open to disc golfers. $5 all day. $3 after 5pm. Girls and kids under 11 play free. Can just show up and play. Sorry NO DOGS, or night golf. The park is open dawn till dark. Last group out 1 1/2 hours before dark. Closed Wednesday afternoons for league. Last group out at 3:30p. Call or e-mail for info for on-site camping.

Call or email for info.
(231) 736-7908
[email protected]

Designer: Bill McKenzie

Red Tee: 246ft
White Tee: 293ft

2b7f0200.jpg

This is the short tee.

59e349e3.jpg

Hard to beat Flip!!!

Shorts: Firebird skip shot up the hill
Longs: PD skip shot up the hill

You tend to get the neg-skips on this hole, pushing you straight or even away from the basket. Not to mention the strong likelihood of roll aways. My aim is to go for a hard flare, but typically I'm not mad at a 3 if skips/rolls punish me.

I want to get back to Flip soon! What a great place.

White - Leo to the base of the hill...try to get up it a little.
Red - DX Roc

#4 is where Flip starts to get interesting... #'s 1-3, you're thinking to yourself, "I really don't see what the big deal is. :confused:. Things improve dramatically from this point forward. :thmbup:

This hole finishes with the pin on a pretty good uphill with rollaway potential. Technically reachable from the tee, but tough to hit the line due to the uphill and the low ceiling the trees create.

Z-Lite Crank on a hard, tight line playing the fade to the left, hopefully for a birdie look.

FYI- the stones define the short tee.
This pic appears to be from the long (concrete) tee. Pretty much everyone plays the concrete tees... even newbs.

The "F" in Flip stands for "Fun."

Last edited:
Short: Kaxe Z hoping for a skip. Seems to be the thing to do.
Long: FD

Probably a RHBH Eclipse Volt

I'm tempted to make a Firebird work for everything, though I'll probably regret it when it rolls away

People actually play the shorts here? Pfffft. I refuse.

Long: Star Orc, low and hard, trying to play a skip up to the basket.

FH Sexton Firebird
Star or GStar Sidewinder

Champion Leopard Short, Star Mamba Long

Shout out to the photographer! :D