• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 02/22/13: Flip City Disc Golf Park in Shelby, MI

dusty5150

Double Eagle Member
Oh this should be a good one! The second highest rated course on DGCR and probably one of the most 'wishlisted' courses in the US.

Flip City Disc Golf Park in Shelby, MI

Course Rating: 4.86 (from 170 reviews)

I know you want to play them all, but for today we're only going to play ...

Hole #14: 231' (red), 334' (white)

Tee:
d23bd9d1.jpg

Course Map:
972644a6.gif

Last edited:
I'm assuming it's straight ahead in those trees, so from the shorts I'm going to throw a hyzerflip Opto Fuse, and from the longs a hyzerflip *Roadrunner or maybe a roller. Clean up as always with an Eraser Wizard.

If I recall, if you see the pair of rocks and follow the left one straight up into the trees, the basket is about there.

I threw a Viking last time I was there. Hyzer flip into the trees to slide on the bare ground. Prob threw a Yeti and then putted out.

If I was there today, it'd probably be Saint, Pure, Putt. There are some logs and rocks on the ground, it makes skipping or rolling anything up to the basket a challenge to say the least.

Can't wait to go back again!

FH a flick up the gut and hope it skips through the guardian trees and up to the basket. I scooped a 2 on this hole the last time I was here.
Also, there is a "rock garden" in front of the green that can either help or prevent skip shots. It's a low ceiling shot up to the right.

Last edited:
Short - Buzzz
Long - CE Tye-Dye 4th Run Valk roller or if I'm feeling nostalgic I'll throw a Viking.

Wizard for the bird. :thmbup:

* Info
I've played here about 10-15 times and I have no idea where the red tees are. There is only concrete for the white tees.

For those who haven't played here: the cement tees are the longs, and the pin on this holes is fairly straight ahead, on the slope, pretty well guarded by those trees.

Beast, Challenger, APX.

LHBH Star TL.

A few weeks ago I realized that my wife's family's "Annual Family Summer Vacation" cabins are 30 minutes away from Flip City. Instead of dreading this annual visit to absolute boredom I'm pumped to sneak away for a couple of double rounds trip over to Flip. Hooray!

metal flake Teebird

LHBH Star TL.

A few weeks ago I realized that my wife's family's "Annual Family Summer Vacation" cabins are 30 minutes away from Flip City. Instead of dreading this annual visit to absolute boredom I'm pumped to sneak away for a couple of double rounds trip over to Flip. Hooray!

That whole area of courses is considered the "golf coast". Enjoy!:)

Rival from long, Ghost from short. Basically, if I were playing here it would be because I was coming in from out of town. The thickness on the right and left looks like it would eat discs. Keeping in the fairway until I know the angles better would be my order of the day.

Latest posts