• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 03/29/13: WR Jackson Memorial DGC (IDGC) in Appling, GA

heartman

* Ace Member *
My first HOD post :) ... love this course!

WR Jackson Memorial DGC (IDGC) in Appling, GA

Rating 4.37 from 26 reviews

Hole #18: plays slightly downhill and then way back uphill, with a dogleg right at the top of the hill

par 5 - 716'

Course Map (it's huge so no pasting in the thread, 18 = top center)

18: teesign:
b804016f.jpg

18: tee looking down fairway (at top of hill, fairway doglegs to the right)
e88cfe55.jpg

18: basket looking down fairway (from the corner, tee is down hill to the left)
da5afbae.jpg

Great finishing hole to a great course! I'd say it's a generous par 5 as a 4 is quite possible for 930+ rated players IMO.

1) I play the relatively safe hyzer shot off the tee to the right (most recently with a hyzerflip seasoned Pro Destroyer).

2) All but the very top pros will be short of the corner and need to play some sort of right finishing shot to hopefully land in the center of the rather large landing zone. Last Saturday I threw a Firebird thumber on a 45angle.

3) If your 2nd shot is in the middle of the fairway, then a good 3rd shot will leave you posted up for a birdie 4. The alley you're shooting down is relatively tight compared to the first part of the hole, but nothing too hard. There is jail on the right and also a slight gap on the left that can be hit as well. I'd say this 3rd shot can be anywhere from 200'-250' depending on how far up the fairway your 2nd shot landed. I'd either backhand an Omega AP or seasoned flat-top KC Pro Roc depending on the distance.

4) Hopefully your 3rd shot leaves you inside the circle for a decent shot at 4. Not too terribly "hard" of a hole, but the shots must be well executed for sure. Putting with a McPro Aviar for my bird.

... anybody think they can eagle? :p

Last edited:
this is definitely a good one.

first shot: teebird down the right side trying to play a skip up the hill.
second shot: roc, wear depending on lie
third/fourth shot: wizard

DX Gazelle off the tee, right side hyzer line,
DX SM Classic Aviar around the corner,
DX SM Classic Aviar approach,
Eraser Wizard as required for clean up.

I think I'd take Dave242's approach to a lot of Idlewild and throw putter > putter > putter > putt

In my case, my putter of choice will be a Pure.

This looks like as much of a punishing final hole as Idlewild's. I've got to head south.

buzzz, a bunch of times

Beat DX Leopard. Many, many times. Probably end up dropping it in too.

Played this 3 times in a weekend just a couple of weeks ago. 1 bird, 2 pars. Amazing hole for an outstanding course!

For the bird I went:

Shock to the middle, Fuse around the corner, buzzz up, Ion in.

The rest of the time I messed up the tee shot and/or the 2nd shot, and had to grind out my par.

Looks like a good hole to throw the Tangent on. At least five times.

CE Eagle off the tee. Hyzer flip hitting the left gap.
Champion Firebird for the sidearm up the rest of the hill to the gap.
Sidearm 10th Buzzz for the up shot.
APX for the finish.

Hyzer flip a River down the left gap, maybe a buzzz to position the third throw for a run at the basket if I'm lucky. Probably get a 5 if I'm lucky enough to miss the trees.