• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 08/25/13; Idlewild #18 in Burlington, KY

Ibex a couple of times to get into the open, then maybe a 3rd time to set an approach with my Challenger (or if I'm really lucky, a putt with my APX).

It's a tough way to end a tough course. Then, you have a nice walk back to the parking lot to think about what just happened to you.

^ he speaketh the truth.

Ideally...
Wasp to the top of the hill --> Wasp to the opening --> Wasp to the pin --> Putt

Usually...
Wasp --> Recovery Zone --> Wasp --> Recovery Zone --> Wasp --> Wasp --> Putt :D

I think I'd have to go Warship x3. Then hope I'm close enough for the Wizard putt.

Ideally...
Wasp to the top of the hill --> Wasp to the opening --> Wasp to the pin --> Putt

Usually...
Wasp --> Recovery Zone --> Wasp --> Recovery Zone --> Wasp --> Wasp --> Putt :D

LOL!!!

I've only gotten to play Idlewild once and loved it. #18 was no exception to my feelings for the course. Sweet closer! I took a 5 and wasn't unhappy. I know that I was in trouble at one point because I had to throw a really nice (for me) forehand roller to get out of the underbrush and into the open grass. And if I'm throwing a forehand at all, let alone a roller, I'm most likely in trouble. :D

Anyway, Ideally I'd throw Star Stingray, Star Stingray, Star Aviar P & A and JK Pro Aviar to finish. Realistically, though, add one more throw in-between the Stingray and Aviar to get out into the open.

Comet/ beat Teebird, Comet/ Buzzz, Buzzz/ Zone, Judge.

Zone, Polecat, or Ion if/ when I go off the fairway.

Probably Patriot until I get in Buzzz range, then on the walk back to the car after a 6 I'll think to myself, Hmmm I shoulda went Buzzz a few times and taken a 4

Just played it. Teebird > Roc3 FH roller > Roc3 FH roller > Destroyer FH > Drone > Wizard > Wizard

Everytime I play here I always think, I'll just play it easy to the crest of the hill and get out of the trees on my second or third shot. No worries and just get a par... That rarely ever happens.

I go Roc off the tee and depending on where I am from there usually a Teebird and any combo of get out of jail shots to the green. Only ever parred it once in tournament.

What is par on the hole, 4?

Edit: Nevermind, looked it up on the course info. It's a par 5.

Last edited:
Last time I was here I took a 3 with a fuse - fuse - ion

I don't know if I'll ever do it again but that's my game plan every time on this hole.. great finisher

Knowing what I know now... Tangent, until I get into the open. Then we'll see if it's a Magic straight to the basket or an Ion to spike it around the giant pine tree.

Metallic Ghost, over and over again :wall:

Champion Rhyno to finally hole out.