• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 09/18/12: Pickard Park in Indianola, IA

In 2004 Worlds, Round 2 Pool A (top pros before re-shuffle), they played it:
16% birdies
69% pars
12% bogey
3% double (Nate Doss and Devin Brown, you suck!)

In the semi-finals, it was:
38% birdies
47% pars
14% bogey
1% double (Kevin Babbit, you suck!)

11 of the top 20 finishers at Worlds got a birdie on this hole in the semis.
Only 2 of the 53rd-72nd finishers at Worlds got a birdie on this hole in the semis.

what are they using for par, 4 or 5? there's no way anybody got a 2 on it, a 3 is also pretty hard to imagine.

this is a great hole, it plays up a big hill, downhill slightly, uphill again, down a big slope and then the basket is about 15 ft off the water. Pickard is one of those courses you should play if you come to Iowa. top 3 for sure

If the grass is cut then a roller. Otherwise blizz boss.

Pickard is rated so high but I was disappointed. Ewing is where it's at!

The one time I played this it was windy and raining a little...

But if I could throw it in 'normal' conditions I'd hopefully go Pd, Pd, Roc, Challenger and try to card a 4 but more realistically a 5. This hole is super tough from the pro tees since you have to play up a hill for about 500', and the fairway narrows toward the green with woods and water protecting the pin.

katana until im close enough to use a mid/putter

Sword, then some kind of fairway driver maybe saint or teebird. Opto Pure for upshot if needed. Wizard when I'm close.

I'd throw long off the tee with a boss probably and then finish eventually with a Classic Aviar.

if windy: wraith, wraith, eagle, roc, putt.

if not windy: roadrunner, roadrunner, eagle, roc, putt.

a 4 would be nice on this one, but i think most people will be taking a 5 for par.

Looks long an open so...
R-Pro Boss until I'm close enough for a something else like a Buzzz or Challenger.
If it gets woodsy, somwhere far from the basket, Champ Beast or Champ Archon.

Friends don't let friends throw R-Pro in the woods. :|

mmm... tasty!
either an AJ destroyer or pro depending on wind.
another destroyer or maybe a roc or pd depending on first throw.
finish with wizard.
make comment on how relatively quickly i got there.

Long tee; Probably a Champ Wraith twice, thumber with Champ Wraith if outside 200, if not RPro Rhyno on third shot.

Middle tee; RHBH CHamp Wraith twice, then putt with my Rhyno

Short tee; RHBH Champ Wraith, upshot with Rhyno

That hole is KNARLY!! Especially from the blue tees. Played it over the summer and that course is definitely in my top 5. On to pressing business.

I had the pleasure of taking a 3 on the hole with the following:

Big backhand roller that I got to land about at the crest of the hill then roll about halfway down the other side. (Westside King)

Sky flex anny from about 400 with a gateway spirit, landed about 50 short of the pin in the brush well short of the lake.

Jump put gateway wizard managed to stay in the basket.

I was tempted to quit disc golf all together after that. Haven't put together a hole quite like that one in the 5 months following. :wall: Of course we don't have any courses as demanding as Pickard here in stl either...

I've played this hole once from the blue tee and took a 7 on it. Can't remember what I threw but it obviously didn't work.

Latest posts